You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Refuses to export PDF with hyperlinks

Hello! I am formatting a zine and I would like to export a PDF containing hyperlinks to the contributors' social media profiles. Unfortunately, the program refuses to export the PDF using any options that allow hyperlinks to be saved -- if I export a press ready PDF using the preset settings, it will export the document without any issues, but if I try to export a digital high-quality PDF that allows links to be kept, it won't work. I have tested exporting it to a different location, but it still won't work. I have tested out exporting the document page by page and it works; perhaps I cannot export more than a certain amount of links? I would rather be able to export a document with all the necessary links if possible.

I'm using the latest release version on Windows 10, although I don't have Affinity Photo and Designer, but I'm assuming that I don't need them to export a PDF in Publisher. I cannot share the full PDF file, but here's a smaller file that contains the sections with links; exporting this test document also doesn't work, so I am assuming that the problem lies in the links. Please be advised that I am using Linked images in the test document -- a file with Embedded images is too big to upload here.

PokespeZine_test.afpub

I’m missing most of the fonts you have used and all of the images are missing so I can’t use the supplied document completely as is.
However, I do get a message when I try to export the document to PDF (to a place that I know I can access fully):

Screenshot 2021-03-05 101523.png

Edited by GarryP
Added clarification.

I do not get an error trying to export (other than the expected Preflight errors for missing fonts and images).

I exported using the Export settings saved with the document, and the hyperlinks work in the exported PDF file.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 hours ago, Pauls said:

Its related to the Anchor called 'Cover' - deleting that and the hyperlinks that refer to it allows the export to complete.

I just tested your suggestion and it works! I had to replace all the images in the full document and redo part of my formatting, but at least it can export as a PDF now, thank you!

5 hours ago, Pauls said:

You will note in the hyperlinks panel 2 entries have a red cross by them and preflight generates a warning alsoimage.png

The appearances of those "hyperlink to invalid anchor" and "overflowing text frame" errors are strange. I am certain that I took out the hyperlinks and I can't seem to find out why it says that they're still there. Cutting the text boxes and pasting them back in seems to fix the job though, so I suppose I shouldn't mind it anymore.