You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The Temp folder is not always emptying [1.9.2.228]

The temp folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo Beta/temp/ is not consistently emptying when I quit the application. I expect it to happen when there is a force quit but not when it is successful. Seems like any new from a preset document will be good but open an existing (perhaps older versions only(?)) document or a CR2 file and I am likely to not get the temp folder to empty.

We will see what tomorrow brings....

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 3/5/2021 at 4:09 AM, Chris B said:

As I understand it, the temp files get cleared on runup not when the app closes. I might be wrong so I'll try and find out for sure. 

my testing shows that the Retail and Betas clear on quitting (successfully) Oddly Designer seems to create a new temp file when it starts up, even if there is nothing from before and the Open Previous files has been cleared. All will clear the temp folders on quitting regardless of there being a file still open or not. All are set to reopen documents.

My problems with the Photo Beta seem to be down to some sort of CMYK document reaction. see: 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.