You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to improve the macro buttons

Hi

Is there a way to turn off the “steps” numbers on a macro button?

1317502287_Schermafbeelding2021-03-04om21_58_55.png.0bd8c868eaa7a6c35f677f1d80020d0c.png

In Photoshop I have made a simple but high quality color adjustment instrument using the selective color tool. I would like to do the same in Affinity Photo, but on every macro button it also says the number of steps it does to apply the macro. Is the amount of steps really that important to show that on the button? It takes up a lot of space.

925442690_Schermafbeelding2021-03-04om21_45_09.thumb.png.908e623fe5c19a8110820611a6a7df77.png

Maybe in a future update it’s also a good idea to give us the option to color code the macro buttons when creating them.

808990911_Schermafbeelding2021-03-04om21_47_33.png.e468d527f4ebc8db6237fc1ff62a7232.png

I agree that the list of macros without step numbers would make the list easier to read through quickly and reduce the need for scrolling since it would reduce the length by half. I have never used the number of steps to select or decide whether to run a macro or not. If really important, one can simply select edit to see how many steps are in a macro. I know this is minor issue but that should make it a minor effort as well. Thanks

9 hours ago, BeauRX said:

I know this is minor issue but that should make it a minor effort as well. 

From my days in programming I know that if something is a minor issue it does not necessarily mean that it requires a minor effort to resolve it. However, in this case,  I suspect that it may well be the case.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I know this well from my days in the trenches too. But took into consideration that this is removing text output and the space allocated for it, not creating something that looked simple to the user but involved rejiggering the whole infrastructure. Also trying to give a nudge since there are other important things.