You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello. I recently got the rest of Affinity suite which means Affinity Publisher and Affinity Designer.

Than I realized that a very basic but niche feature is missing. Right-To-Left support.

Well I can work around this by throwing my text at Krita export as a high res TIFF than throw it anything Affinity. This works fine for small bits of text but if you are working with something like an article, it's a very annoying issue.

Shout outs to the absolute hero on https://rtlfixer.com for creating a fix for it sadly this isn't a viable option for me since this program is not available for purchase in anywhere usable for me.

In some Adobe stuff you can change the text engine to support it.
In Krita it just there by default.
Sadly that is not an option on Affinity.

I know RTL isn't as main stream but a good chunk of people still use it.

Please consider adding it to the suite.

If you want to recommend me some softwares to basically cheat my way threw this problem keep in mind that any paid thing that isn't on steam or Microsoft store is absolutly useless to me and anything on MAC is even more useless.

Still this isn't about finding a solution, this is a request for a basic feature.

24 minutes ago, YAR Oracool said:

a very basic but niche feature is missing

You can’t have it both ways! By definition a ‘niche’ feature is not a basic one. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
33 minutes ago, Alfred said:

You can’t have it both ways! By definition a ‘niche’ feature is not a basic one

Whether this is true or not picking a user up on their precise use of English is poor form. I doubt you could argue as eloquently in Persian.

Feel free to apologise or hide your post

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@YAR Oracool

We do wish we had the resources to add this feature to our current version. For those who need it it is critical, we understand. sorry that it has not yet been possible to address. It will take quite a while to do correctly (allowing for a proper mixture of L2R and R2L), sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 minute ago, Patrick Connor said:

@YAR Oracool

We do wish we had the resources to add this feature to our current version. For those who need it it is critical, we understand. sorry that it has not yet been possible to address. It will take quite a while to do correctly (allowing for a proper mixture of L2R and R2L), sorry.

I see. Well, I waited some time for my camera to be added and my use of Persian is pretty limited but hey! Glad it's in the pipline.

3 minutes ago, YAR Oracool said:

Offence is taken, not give.
It's fine, also I'm pretty sure he was joking.

Thank you. I certainly didn’t mean to offend! :)

Alfred spacer.png

1 minute ago, YAR Oracool said:

No worries man. We're just friends. A joke or 2 won't hurt.

I did hope the wink ;) in my earlier post would be seen as an indication that my comment should be taken as a light-hearted one! I’m glad you took it that way.

Alfred spacer.png

• 2 months later...