You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Live filters deactivate blend ranges

Version 1.9.1: Adding a live filter deactivates blend ranges. Reproduced on different machines by the following steps:
New document, add a picture (Pixellayer)
Duplicate it and set the upper blendmode to something noticable (Screen oder Multiply)
Add blend range to the upper image to make a difference (pull down darks e.g.)
Now add gaussian blur to the upper image. As soon as you choose a value in the filter (so the filter has an impact) the blend ranges of the image are ignored.
Deactivating the filter or (in this example gaussian blur) yetting the filter impact value to zero brings back the blend ranges.

2 hours ago, JayW said:

Version 1.9.1: Adding a live filter deactivates blend ranges.

The blend ranges work as expected here.
Possibly the cause is again the ubiquitous hardware acceleration. Deactivate it for a test: Edit -> Preferences -> Performance.

image.png.44319d45e362ec2a0d824d1a4543741f.png

1 minute ago, JayW said:

It does not make a different. HW accell on or off, it's the same. Also tested on two different machines with different cpu and gpu (both Windows). 

Do you mind making a little video (or meaningful screenshots)?

Aha, now I know what you mean. I had thought that the blend ranges (gear wheel) no longer worked. But now I see that the applied blend ranges lose their effect - regardless of the value size. I can confirm this behaviour.
It also happens with other filters, but only with live filters. That's why I think it's a bug. The question must be answered by a mod.

In the video, you can also see a jump behaviour of the controller. I also see this on my computer.