You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Characters superscript or subscript / Zeichen hoch- oder tiefstellen

Hallo,

Version 1.9x

Trying to set superscripts or subscripts in a text and in a table character.
Unfortunately none of the functions in this tab respond ?

Do I have to set anything else to use the functions in the "Typography" tab ?
I mean in the 1.8x version I tested the functions with success.

Versuche in einem Text und in einer Tabelle Zeichen Hoch- oder Tiefstellen einzustellen.
Leider reagiert keine der Funktionen in diesem Reiter ?

Muss ich noch etwas einstellen um die Funktionen in dem Reiter "Typografie" nutzen zu können ?
Ich meine in der 1.8x Version habe ich die Funktionen getestet mit Erfolg.

Gruß!
Gonzo

With which font are you trying to achieve this? It depends on the font, whether super-/subscript is available or not if you want to use it from Typography. Using the Super/Subscript pulldown in the Character panel should? work with any font.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

AFAIK there was no difference in functionality between 1.8 and 1.9

Meines Wissens ist in diesem Bereich nichts verändert worden. Es liegt einfach an der Schrift, ob das angeboten wird.

superscript.jpg

superscript2.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Many fonts have superscripts for 2 and 3 but very few have superscripts for 4 to 9. Helvetica has a full set of numerals; Arial does not.

You won’t find superscript or subscript versions of all the letters of the alphabet in Arial Regular. You might find a few punctuation marks.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hallo,

thanks for the quick reply but I have now tried it with several fonts and it does not work.
With Helvetica, superscript and subscript are not activated for me to select.

As I know Arial is a standard font of Windows I can't imagine that the function is not supported in "AF".
where Arial has the superscript and subscript buttons enabled to select it.

I just tried it in InDesign, here it works fine even in PagePlus X9 it works it Arial 9 pt ? 

danke für die schnelle Antwort aber ich habe es jetzt mit mehreren Schriftarten ausprobiert und es funktioniert nicht.
Bei Helvetica werden Hoch- und Tiefstellung bei mir nicht aktiviert zur Auswahl.

Da Arial meines Wissens eine Standardschriftart von Windows ist kann ich mir nicht vorstellen das die Funktion in "AF"
nicht unterstützt wird wobei bei Arial die Button für Hoch- und Tiefstellung aktiviert sind um sie auszuwählen.

Ich habe es gerade in InDesign probiert, hier funktioniert es einwandfrei sogar in PagePlus X9 funktioniert es it Arial 9 pt ? 

Gruß!
Gonzo

1 hour ago, A.Gonzo said:

As I know Arial is a standard font of Windows I can't imagine that the function is not supported in "AF".
where Arial has the superscript and subscript buttons enabled to select it.

In Affinity, the Superscript and Subscript settings in Typography require support from the font that you're using. When the font does not provide that support, you need to use the Superscript and Subscript settings in Positioning and Transform, rather than the settings in Typography:

image.png.b78c57fe0eeb114f4f111d00125971b4.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hallo,

yes this approach was already known to me, so of course you can set it.
I have tried several fonts under Windows + Mac but under the panel Typography 
no selection responds whether high or low.

Could you please tell me a font where this function works via the panel ?

ja diese Vorgehensweise war mir schon bekannt, so kann man das natürlich einstellen.
Ich habe mehrere Schriftarten unter Windows + Mac probiert aber unter dem Panel "Typografie" 
reagiert keine Auswahl ob hoch oder tief.

Könnten Sie mir bitte eine Schriftart nennen wo diese Funktion über das Panel funktioniert ?

danke, Gruß!
Gonzo 

5 hours ago, A.Gonzo said:

Could you please tell me a font where this function works via the panel ?

Arial, for one. But you must choose the right characters.

image.png.be18abff02872e7ff8e8b50f181801dc.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

ok thanks, the letter "b" cannot be subscripted via the panel.
Then I have to go over the other panel.

ok danke, den Buchstaben "b" kann man nicht über das Panel tiefstellen.
Dann muß ich doch über das andere Panel gehen.

Gruß!
Gonzo

4 minutes ago, A.Gonzo said:

ok thanks, the letter "b" cannot be subscripted via the panel.
Then I have to go over the other panel.

You should use the ‘Positioning and Transform’ section of the Character panel if the ‘Typography’ section doesn’t allow all of the subscripts that you need. The appearance of the characters created via those two sections is different, so it will not look good if you mix them.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 3/5/2021 at 8:02 AM, A.Gonzo said:

Könnten Sie mir bitte eine Schriftart nennen wo diese Funktion über das Panel funktioniert ?

interessantes Thema, habe ein wenig herumprobiert, kaum eine Schrift unterstützt "Subscript/Tiefstellen" und beim Hochstellen fehlen die Umlaute, scharfes S , Euro-zeichen usw.
anbei Demo mit "Source Sans/Serif Pro"; eine (kostenlose) Schrift die "alles" kann, habe ich noch nicht gefunden..

Test.pdf