You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Continues Vector brush from a shape segment

Hello guys! I have a question:

how can I make a vector brush that draws a given shame over and over again?

I’m making technical clothing drawings and it would be so nice not to draw zigzag stitches one by one. 

I know there are such brushes in AI but since they can’t be imported I wonder if I can make them myself in affinity for iPad. image.thumb.jpg.889267fc483792116f95ad60d8978cef.jpg

this is the shape

and I want to make things like this:

image.thumb.jpg.3c9c8c6f164f6bfd73f9ded0f5fc165a.jpg

@ProDesigner sorry to bother you but maybe you can help me again :( ( by the way, I can by pass the paddle thing If you make a 3 points vertical line )

thank you!! 

Hello @Estalfos

I'm going to disappoint you on this one I'm afraid. I've not really spent any time at all constucting custom brushes in Designer, thus far.

Hopefully someone else has, and will pop along here out of curiosity soon. I suggest you add some more tags such as "custom brushes", "brushes" to this thread, as it might increase the chances of them landing here,.... possibly.

I've not put much time into searching the forums, or read the below, so don't know if it helps. It links to another thread as well so hopefully one of the two will answer your question.

Perhaps it's a place to start (You may have already checked it out of course). A quick scan suggests it's no good for creating objects which need a fill, but I don't think you need to do that.

I've looked at the help, briefly and nothing jumps out though I have a couple of thoughts if the above isn't what you need.

I've followed this thread and will observe with interest. I'll offer anything I can if it's any chance of being valuable.

Best of luck with it @Estalfos, hope you have success here. Sorry I can't offer more right now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.