You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to avoid the embedding of color profiles from PDFs?

Hi there,

How can I switch off the color profile in Affinity Designer and Publisher?

I need a "pure" PDF-X4 exported for my print house without any profiles embedded.

(Enclosure of profiles is obligatory for every PDF standard over 1.8 in Publisher, you can't disable the embedding)

Any idea how to get rid of these profiles?

Thanks so much,

Vincent

Edited by vincent_berlin

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi Vincent,

Welcome to the forums :)

To export files without a profile, click the More button on the Export dialog and untick Embed ICC profile.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Very nice, that this subject has some attendance now!

Indeed: you can only switch off "embed profiles" for PDFs without "x" specifications. But then you'll get a PDF, that still has the CMYK colours you have choosen.

Exact colours is important for very professional print, especially when there is a "corporate" scheme.

The second interesting thing (same story...) of course is, how to receive a BLACK, that isn't  "look-alike" black, but that also results in black paint...

For TEXT exported from PUBLISHER (after hours) I found a way to create an own spot colour, that just consists of BLACK. (No Magenta, Cyan or Yellow in it).
Because what Affinity names "black" results in a composition of all FOUR Colours. (Sorry to say so: InDesign is so much better in this! You have a list, what's definitely in your document and that's it.)

But for VECTORS (created in DESIGNER) this isn't working!

On the "Effect" Panel you choose a colour, that's definition ist 100% black (0% Cyan, 0% Magenta, 0% Yellow...). But when exporting this (and I guess, I tried EVERY POSSIBILITY) you'll finally have your shades constisting of FOUR COLOURS! (Example enclosed).

And I doubt, that this is the truth, but I haven't found a way. (I did: with Photoshop I changed every single vector into grayscale...)

Best regards,

Vincent

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-21 um 14.24.08.png

circle-with-gray-shadow.pdf