You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.9.2.227)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download ZIP: Download

Auto-update: Pending

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first build of Affinity Photo 1.9.2 for macOS.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update to the 1.9.1 version recently released to all customers (although it still installs parallel to the released version, as described above). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

Affinity Photo Team  :ph34r:

Changes Since 1.9.1

- Hardware acceleration has been improved to better make use of Metal (specifically to batch commands together into chunks, which gives the driver a better chance to optimise commands and provides a higher degree of abortability). The benchmark has also been tweaked to use multiple command queues for the Single GPU test, which makes it more representative of “real world” use.

This change affects both real-world performance and benchmark score. The benchmark version has been changed to 1920 - this means that results from this build should not be compared to results from previous builds with benchmark version 1900 (other than to measure the improvements which these changes yield). Once the iPad and Windows builds have been validated with these changes and new beta builds produced, a new forum thread will be created for 1920 benchmark results.

- Assorted performance improvements for assets.
- Assorted content download improvements and fixes.
- Added ability to optionally sort brushes by name.
- Improved performance of export and merge visible, especially in documents with Live Filters.

- Fixed a crash when using File -> Share after File -> Export.
- Fixed a bug where some Live Filters would appear to move after save / load.
- Fixed a crash when opening a brush category context menu with no selection.
- Fixed a bug which caused adjustment to fail to apply easily when clicking with a stylus.

- Assorted other small fixes.
- Localisation improvements.

9 hours ago, Andy Somerfield said:

The benchmark version has been changed to 1920 - this means that results from this build should not be compared to results from previous builds with benchmark version 1900 (other than to measure the improvements which these changes yield).

For what very little it is worth, on my Intel iMac the benchmark version is identified as "19001920."

1163060394_benchmarkversion.jpg.5df115d7bf61cb74ef2f005e1c55aff6.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

When I launched Beta 1.9.2.227 a few minutes ago, I got a message telling me a newer version was available, with an 'update now' button choice. I clicked it & the AP beta was updated to version 1.9.2.228.

I don't see any post about this in the Mac Beta Release Notifications topic, or a link anywhere to what is new in this version.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 minute ago, R C-R said:

When I launched Beta 1.9.2.227 a few minutes ago, I got a message telling me a newer version was available, with an 'update now' button choice. I clicked it & the AP beta was updated to version 1.9.2.228.

I don't see any post about this in the Mac Beta Release Notifications topic, or a link anywhere to what is new in this version.

(Posted 4 hours ago in the Mac Beta Forum. That was still after standard working hours for Serif, so possibly Patrick simply hasn't gotten around to updating the release notification, yet.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.