You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I have just updated to the newest version and now affinity photo ist crashing. I added an ellipse and then added the gaussian blur effect with manual input of 600. I have done this before with no problem. It is also shown on youtube in an Affinity revolution tutorial (How to Blend Two Images in Affinity Photo, Starting Minute 13).

Now as soon as I add the blur (sometimes after I try to move the blurred ellipse) Affinity crashes.

I tried to save after every step and now I can't open the image. It says "opening image" for hours with no effect. In this state I can't even close Affinity as it requires to wait until the image is loaded. After abt 2hours I forced it to close via task manager.

Reinstalling the old version also does not work (newer version detected) and I want to avoid to deinstall Affinity completely and probably lose all my changes to the standard settings.

any idea what to do?

Philipp

PS: Win 10, latest version

Look after possible by Affinity Photo generated crash report files, these if created during crashing usually reside under as default by Windows hidden directories ...

• %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports

If there are any, copy (and zip these together) and post (attach) them into a bug posting you can create in this section "Photo Bugs found on Windows", so the devs can take a look at these and tell you if the problem is OpenCL and GPU driver related or has another cause like a sideeffect with some third party app etc.

Things you can try out ...

• Disable the OpenCL hardware acceleration setting in the Affinity Photo preferences, restart and see if it changes behavior
  • Check and tell if you use CaptureOne, it's Win explorer integration can generate side effects

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2