You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've understood part of the problem ... support for right-click via the Control key modifier is flakey at best, whether using a mouse or a pen.

For example, control-clicking a mask on a layer (sub-layer) activates both the master layer (image) AND the mask and I get a pop-up menu that is applicable to the layer itself.  Right clicking the mask, brings up a different menu and does NOT activate the image layer.

I would call this a bug.  No wonder I'm having a hard time understanding what's going on.  :huh:

Grumpy, but faithful (watch out all you cats)

• Staff

Hi GFS,

Sorry. I missed the Affinity Photo part on your post. The Controller option i was talking about is for Affinity Designer. In Photo it should work out of the box.

If you have you have a nested mask (attached to a layer), yes right-clicking on the mask will give you a different menu, specific to the mask. If the mask is above the image as an independent layer, right-cliking on it brings up the regular layer menu.

Thanks MEB.

I'll see how I go with the Wacom ... still finding my way with Affinity.

Should I post the right-clicking anomaly somewhere as a bug?  Seems like it has been standard Mac behaviour for at least 25 years, that the Control key invokes the contextual menu.

Grumpy, but faithful (watch out all you cats)