You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

There are a lot of unsupported or buggy keyboard-features in all Affinty-desktop-applications.

For example here in the actual Publisher RC3.

A very annoying bug, is the support of TAB and SHIFT+TAB (for jumping back) in the transformation-palette.

1363441717_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-02um18_17_16.png.c4bb17f9c04ccd7c1ae8a6087b435a4c.png

You are able to jump forward in this section, but you are not able to jump backwards by using SHIFT-TAB.

Another one:
In the Glyph-Palette (Positioning and transformation) you only can jump through the fields within a column, if you want to change values in the other column, you have to use the mouse to change the column 😞

864261470_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-02um18_45_26.png.13b262fa020543f42dded71265dd7918.png

Please do a qualitycheck on these "simple" keyboard-features which are almost used by powerusers (which are multiplicators for distributing your software).

Thanks for all the other great ideas and works on affinity-"suite".

Martin

Regards, Martin

iMac 27", 2017/Big Sur 11.2.2
MacMini M1/BigSur 11.2.2

• 2 months later...

Agreed. And there are some dialogs where it would be helpful if the first field were selected my default. That way you can just tab through the fields, adjust the numbers, press return when you're done, without your hands leaving the keyboard. The Effects dialog is one that comes to mind but there are many more where this would save time.

• 8 months later...

What the hell,

Hey @Gabe,

I too don't want to sound pushy, but please do something about the fact that I cannot count on being able to tab through fields. I cannot exit the fields by using a Return or Enter key, nor can I exit fields by using the Escape key.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.