You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am still in the trial for Affinity Photo.

One of the main things I want to do is to change photos to pencil or colored pencil sketches. There are numerous steps that I will eventually learn. However, there seem to be many macros available that will make the process quicker. (I assume I will be able further adjust the photo after using the macro.)

How do I know which macros are legit? Is it trial and error? Does affinity have its own macros? I think I see them advertised but cannot locate them. The ads may be referring to the macros I would record myself.

If I have to create my own that may still be the better choice than Photoshop Elements.

Thanks for any clarification.

9 minutes ago, Mabel Lucy said:

I suppose I was hoping for a ready-made macro that I could download and it would perform all the steps ...

The above postings pointed you to some related downloadable macros ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

3 minutes ago, Mabel Lucy said:

The links in your reply would not work for me... Mac OS Big Sur Version 11.2.

What do you mean with don't work here? You can't download any of them, or you can't import them into the macro panel with it's import function under Big Sur?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan