You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem Adding ABR brushes into Procreate

I just bought the Affinity designer app on iPad, but it seems to clash with my previous Procreate app on the account of importing brushes. Before, I could freely import .abr brushes into Procreate, but after downloading Affinity Designer, I cannot import .abr brushes into the Procreate app, the Procreate app seems to now think that abr files are supposed to go into the Affinity Designer app. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

The picture below is what I see through the Procreate import button

IMG_1FFD189D07F3-1.jpeg

Firstly, I assume you’ve tried to import these by dragging them over the Procreate App (rather than touching the files in the Untitled Folder)?

You’ve also tried a long press to bring up the menu with Open in it?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

Yes, I have tried to import the brushes using 3 methods:

1. First, I directly used Airdrop with my mac. This is how I usually do it, as Procreate will automatically install the brushes. But my iPad installed the brushes on Affinity Designer instead (no selection for which app i might prefer to import it either)

2. Then airdropped them as a zip file and unzipped them on my ipad, then tried to drag and drop them into Procreate. the files would bounce back, as Procreate suddenly was unable to recognize the brush files

3. Finally, I used the Import button on the top of the Procreate app, but as you can see in the picture, Procreate suddenly automatically assumes .abr brushes belong to Affinity Designer (the logo on the brush file was never there before i downloaded Affinity Designer)

This is quite troubling, as I enjoy both of these art and design apps. Thank you very much for trying to help!

Ok, I’ll just test something out (I have both apps too, ProCreate is my all-time favourite app and has been since I got it).

These are .abr files, not .brush files, so I’ve a hunch here. Back soon.

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

Ok really easy. What I’ve just done:

1. My test .abr file was in the Downloads folder within the Files app (I’ve observed location of files often seems to influence things on the iPad - might not matter here).
  2. Long press the .abr file to get the pop-up menu with Share on it.
  3. Choose share to bring up dialogue (illustrated)
  4. You’ll see ProCreate listed, like in my image attached below?
  5. Choose ProCreate - boom - imports brush.

....or it did for me. How about you?

68D6BC8C-2843-44CE-A67F-3BA74FC7278A.jpeg

That’s great. I should have thought of the software update possibility too., but hey, we got there.

Happy creating. You’ll love vector illustration. It’s totally different to raster work, and a joy because it’s totally different. I can’t get enough of both, hence I’m here late at night (searching for how to move guides in Designer).