You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I get it for £27.99? Its £35.99 on the app store.

27,99 Pounds...

35,99 Euros... :)

by the way, YOU are in the top ten of the macapp store :D those are captures of the Spanish AppStore.

Raskolnikv,

You may not have been the first but are the first red head and possibly the first women. You are an icon on this site. Congratulations.

Sorry for ruin you dreams :D she's not me :D it's just an spanish yournalist.

post-666-0-71737200-1412246437_thumb.png

post-666-0-13544000-1412246439_thumb.png

Just bought it, and this quote below describes why. (Besides the excellent pricing and software... )

It's so great to see you guys supporting us. What we promise in return is our 100% commitment to keep improving the app and support you guys wherever we can.

Many thanks,

TonyB.

Good software is just part of the deal, earning trust, respect and responding to your users & clients is the complete package (for me...).

Just keep communicating with us, making it even better and I can see myself un-installing illustrator in the near future! 

Congrats to the whole AD team!  :)

Got it at 5:30 am Pacific Time. On the road to a new adventure. That's everyone for your work and help.  :)

Gregg

OS X Version 10.14.6 iMac 27" 3.2 GHz i5- 32 GB  Huion Kamvas Pro 20

iPad Pro 12.9" IOS 13

AD = OS IOS, AP = OS IOS

I just checked the Mac App Store here in the US:  

In the "Top Grossing" category, Affinity Designer holds the #7 spot.  

In the "Top Paid" category, Affinity Designer is at #15.  

I wonder if Adobe is taking any notice.    ;)

PS: In the Graphics & Design Apps category (where only 5 applications are listed) there is no sign of AD there yet....but just below that is the listing for "All Graphics & Design Apps" and AD is the first one listed there.  The apps listed in that area do not appear to be listed alphabetically, so the "A" in "Affinity" does NOT appear to be pushing that app to the front of the list. 

- David 

Well, here in the US West Coast, Affinity Designer has yet to appear in the top ten (well, it's only been for sale less than 8 hours), but I gave a rating and wrote a review.

a bit OT, but after using AD for just a few days, I am very happy with it and actually planned out my evening to purchase it. It's not that I don't have a life, it's not that often a software app makes me stand up and take notice. The last time this happened was with Manga Studio 5 and more recently with Sketchbook Pro 7.

More importantly, I think that Affinity/Serif gets something that nobody has really said, it's that although software prices have been going up for the big (and not-so-big) software makers, the wages of those of us who use these programs have stagnated (or have gone down). That's one argument the apologists for constantly higher prices can't counter or only offer weak statements of support. If the logic of "well, we're adding new features so we'll charge more" is based on greed. I mean, I just bought a new iMac a few months ago and if I tried charging more because of that, I'd be out of more than a few jobs. Same goes if I took a class on this-or-that, it increased my abilities but my rates have to stay the same or I'll just be replaced. Just like I did with a sketchy vector app. I may be reading way more into this than what's actually there, but I feel that Affinity has realized this on some level. But this is just my feelings and opinions. Now back to "who's on first.." :)

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

It's about 9:30 am and Affinity Designer cracked the top ten seller and top grossing in the US App store. Nice start. Congrats to all! 

post-895-0-84256700-1412267246_thumb.pngpost-895-0-67983500-1412267258_thumb.png

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Well, looks like AD has sprinted up to near the top on the US Mac App Store: 

Top Paid --  Affinity Designer currently at #2 

Top Grossing --  Affinity Designer currently at #3

EDIT:  Ooops....looks like someone already posted this info.  Sorry about that!    :blink:

- David 

post-136-0-46418900-1412270531_thumb.png

post-136-0-72560600-1412270541_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi everyone! I bought mine this afternoon too! :D

For those that are interested, the reason it's a 9+ Age Rating, is simply because one of the samples that we used early on in the process was of a cartoon character feeding itself into a meat grinder - which was not too child-friendly, but it got replaced by other samples, so we really should've knocked the age rating down again - I'll try to remember for next time :)

Back to playing with Designer! :D

Matt