You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi folks,

I'm holding the plastic now until bed time. I'm chomping at the bit here: hurry up Appstore/time zone.

It would be nice to see who was first and second and third etc, past the post in buying AD and how it the experience was for all who invested in first release from Nottingham's finest, Affinity.

The -Plus team over on Windows has done a great job over the years and Affinity will also do the same here on the Mac.

Happy launch day team. Hope the champers go down well! Happy hangover. :D

peter.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

• Staff

I was FIRST :D :D 

Maybe.. hehe - and I checked that iCloud worked too!!! (sorry - internal developer joke..)

Anyway - I would like to thank everyone who supported our initial release with their $ - you have only seen a small part of what you have just paid us for - we will continue to deliver for years - this is a relationship, more than a purchase..

Thanks, and thanks again...

Affinity Team.

I am presuming that sales become possible via the Apple App Store based on local time.  If so, then it will be a few hours before a purchase can happen where I'm located (Florida, USA) if it becomes available officially as soon as "October 2" starts at midnight local time.

I am waiting with bated breath!       ;)

- David  

Raskolnikv,

You may not have been the first but are the first red head and possibly the first women. You are an icon on this site. Congratulations.

I thought the program was supposed to be PG-13. My beta is. I have to wait until Pacific time here in Las Vegas (same time as the App Store).

Max

OS X Ventura 13.0.1, Mac Studio M1 Max, 27" Apple Studio Display, 32 GB SSD. Affinity Universal License for 2.0.

Mac User & Programmer since 1985 to date. Author of “SignPost” for vinyl sign cutting.

I can report that, a few minutes after 11pm Eastern Time in the US, I was able to buy and download Affinity Designer!  So, I have it now.   Version 1.1.0.  

Looks like Apple jumped the gun a little...it's still October 1 here!

Now, all I need is pasteboard access!!!     ;)

PS:  Am I the first in the US to get AD?     :D

- David  

Bought Affinity a few minutes ago.

2009: 27 inch iMac / Intel Core i5 / 2.66 GHz / 16 GB Memory / System: Yosemite 10.10.3 – PRINCIPAL DESIGN SOFTWARE: QuarkXpress 9.5.1, 10.5 and 2015 / Pinegrow Web Designer / Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo / Acorn

I am surely not the first to purchase it but would like to emphasise in what kind position you guys from Serif are, to have programmed a software that people are so eager to purchase that they are talking about who bought it first. The fact alone that this forum thread even exists should be reason enough for you to jump up and down in the office. :-)

Bought this (for £27.99 ;) ) last night, so good to see Serif now on OSX officially, hopefully with enough support from its users  it will be the game changer the world needs  :D

(A)D-Day is here, get clicking on the App Store guys

Got it! And now taking my time going though all the settings and such. 

BTW, the Help file is the best I've encountered so far! It's very well organized and is very readable and clear in its descriptions. Kudos to all involved! Absolutely no buyers remorse from this happy camper  :)

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Do you have the App store account set to UK? Can you post a screen shot as it should be £27.99

I hve an america mac so this could be the issue. Can you explain how to switch over to the UK store?

From googling I can only find ways through the iphone.

post-862-0-48103400-1412233607_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi BlueJohn,

The screenshot you have posted shows the price in Euros - €35.99. That is the introductory offer price. :) If you want to see the price in UK pounds, I suspect you need to switch your App Store to the United Kingdom region. The button is at the bottom right of the page shown as a flag.

Andy

post-14-0-04008400-1412234336_thumb.png