You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macro: change resolution not respecting proportions

So i need a macro to downsample a bunch of photos. I tried recording a macro of "Document-> Resize Document", and no matter if i put the "resample" tick box on or off, it always seem to copy the proportion of the image used for the macro recording and applies it to all images. 

So, if i record the macro of a vertical oriented image, all the horizontal oriented images end up all distorted.

I tried everything i can think of, and i even tried upscaling to see if it worked. I got the same problem. Even using the "Resample Pixel Art Document" has the same problem.

So , unless i'm doing something wrong, i think it's a bug.

1 hour ago, Galm said:

i think it's a bug.

It is

If you are just looking to resize a bunch of images to a new size consider using File > New Batch Job instead 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

6 minutes ago, carl123 said:

It is

If you are just looking to resize a bunch of images to a new size consider using File > New Batch Job instead 

Thanks for the answer. I want the macro to use it in the batch job. I know you can change image size in the batch tool, however, i don't want all the images to have the same size. I want the same resolution with different sizes.

10 minutes ago, Galm said:

I want the same resolution with different sizes.

If you can be more specific (examples) it may be doable another way

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

13 minutes ago, carl123 said:

If you can be more specific (examples) it may be doable another way

I found this issue because i had a book with almost 400 color images with different sizes and orientations and all the pictures are bigger than necessary in size and almost all had a resolution of 1200 dpi. 

For the workflow we use, we only need the pictures to have 400 dpi, so i wanted to downsample all the images to 400 dpi retaining the size in mm to save time processing such unecessary large files.

I tried with AP and got the problem i mentioned.

I already send the files to a colleague that solved the problem with another software... I really wished i didn't have to do that.

I would be very grateful if there is a workaround for this situation if i need it again before this bug gets fixed.

Thanks

Thank you very much!

Not only the 400dpi macro by John Rostron works perfectly but also, knowing the 1.6 release  doesen't have this bug, i will set up a virtual machine with version 1.6 to make new macros if needed!

• 5 months later...

For those that are just doing this for one or two images, I just do it in two steps for my print work. I change the dpi with resample first (leaving the dimensions alone), then I resample again using the same dpi with the dimensions I want in inches. Hopefully it won't take as long to fix as the "resample" itself took to implement.