You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mac App Store isn't letting me download the 1.9.1 update

KipV

Is your Mac that's having the problem on Mojave?

Here is a temp solution that may help as it looks like something is wrong with App Store on Mojave:

On 2/26/2021 at 7:44 AM,  Dazmondo77 said: 

For any other Mojave users who have had trouble with the MAS hanging on all downloads (for me on two different macs running Mojave) I found a solution that worked from a user (User366) on stack exchange, that sorted the app store:

APP Store Fix

Go to Activity Monitor and force-kill appstoreagent process. The app started to download at once. After force-killing appstoreagent, there was no need to log out and log in again in the App Store. Updates and downloads just work again.

Hope this helps

Now have Pub Des Pho working great on both Macs - Great work team

Until this bug is addressed by apple, it looks as if you'll need to use the above workaround to download every time you use the MAS through Mojave 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

I'm having this EXACT issue. Interestingly, Affinity Photo appeared to update to 1.9.1 successfully even though it never fully showed completing before I just quit the App Store. Affinity Designer never would update. The App Store now only shows the "download from cloud" icon but it does nothing. I'll try the suggestions above and report back.

Partial progress but Affinity Designer won't update. After killing the 'appstoreagent' process, the App Store now showed the "Update" button next to Affinity Designer as opposed to the "Download from cloud" icon but it still just spins, and spins w/ no apparent progress to installing/updating. This is frustrating. I had contacted Apple Support yesterday and they indicated that I probably needed to update to Big Sur. I can't at the moment because I still require the use of my old InDesign CS5 apps and going to Catalina or Big Sur will kill that ability.

2 hours ago, fatfreemedia said:

Partial progress but Affinity Designer won't update. After killing the 'appstoreagent' process, the App Store now showed the "Update" button next to Affinity Designer as opposed to the "Download from cloud" icon but it still just spins, and spins w/ no apparent progress to installing/updating. This is frustrating. I had contacted Apple Support yesterday and they indicated that I probably needed to update to Big Sur. I can't at the moment because I still require the use of my old InDesign CS5 apps and going to Catalina or Big Sur will kill that ability.

It may take a few go's but you have to have MAS open while you force quit appstoreagent - yes apple is telling people to upgrade to Big Sur which should fix the problem, but like a lot of users, I need CS5 and a few other apps that won't run on anything past Mojave - they've also been telling users to reinstall Mojave which, I' gather is also a temporary fix for the bug   - I also found that booting from an old El Capitan volume and downloading worked - this App Store bug seems to be Mojave specific - Lets hope Apple fix this?

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

18 minutes ago, Dazmondo77 said:

It may take a few go's but you have to have MAS open while you force quit appstoreagent - yes apple is telling people to upgrade to Big Sur which should fix the problem, but like a lot of users, I need CS5 and a few other apps that won't run on anything past Mojave - they've also been telling users to reinstall Mojave which, I' gather is also a temporary fix for the bug   - I also found that booting from an old El Capitan volume and downloading worked - this App Store bug seems to be Mojave specific - Lets hope Apple fix this?

It only seems to be effecting the Affinity apps now. The force quit trick only fixed the other apps not made by Serif. Last week also had updates for Slack, Things, and Telegram. They all installed. Is it partly something Serif is doing that needs to be fixed?

5 minutes ago, Nick Beale said:

That was my experience (I'm also using Mojave) and I did have to re-kill appstoreagent between updating AP and updating AD but I got there in the end.

They did eventually download for me. I had to do the force quit and just wait a really long time. If it still takes that long in the future I probably have to try downloading it before going to bed at night.

5 hours ago, Dazmondo77 said:

Holy hell, thank you. That ended up doing the trick. I kept the MAS open while killing that process and retried the update. Got to about 95% complete and hung there for a bit but eventually finished. I can't express how thankful I am for the help. Buy you a beer sometime!

18 hours ago, Dazmondo77 said:

booting from an old El Capitan volume and downloading worked

Unless when the El Capitan MAS has an outage on its own… :D
Seems to have been fixed since about a week or so though.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Just now, KipV said:

I don't know what is going on with the App Store.

All at normal: it sucks. ;)

What I, for one, do know is that I'll be buying all Affinity v2 updates directly from the Serif store. But as an early adopter of ADe & APh, back in 2014/2015 I had no choice yet. (Oh, and there was an early adopter discount!)

In other words, I'm avoiding MAS at any cost, since its very beginning. My only major purchase apart from APh & ADe was Logic Pro X last December because it's likely the last version that can be purchased on Catalina (no Big Sur compatible Mac here). That purchase enabled me to download an earlier version of Logic X for El Capitan to finally replace the aging Logic 9…

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

I had exactly the same issues running Mojave which affected ADesigner but not Photo.  I also noticed that not only was the Affinity apps affected, but some others from other developers too.
I used the method above to fix the issue.  I also cannot upgrade to Big Sur because I have some apps that are still 32 bit and won't work.
Apple need to pull finger to sort this Mojave and App Store situation out.