You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text frame problems fill and stroke. Designer and Publisher

I cannot seem to find a way to solve my problem. I made a shape in Apub and inserted some text in the shape. In Affinity Publisher you have the option through "Text frame" panel to change fill and stroke color of the shape.

I now would like to add a brush to the stroke of the text frame but Brushes are not available in Publisher. No problem I think! I use the studiolink to ADesigner, but here there is no option of "Text frame panel". And I cannot figure out how to change either fill color or stroke color/type/brush of the shape that the text is embedded in, in Designer?

The curios thing is I can make the shape in Designer. Select fill and stroke color/brush style. As soon as you use the text tool and write/insert text in the shape - I have no idea how to change the fill/color of the original shape. The only fill and stroke color I am able to change is that of the text. The appearance panel is no help in either program.

So there are two things I would like to know: Either: add a brush to the stroke of the text frame in APub or, being able to add/change color and brush of fill/stroke of text frame in Designer.

Anyone know how to do it? What panel or menu have I not been able to find?.... Thanks in advance :)

The first image is from Designer /(studiolink) - the second from Publisher

Designer.jpg

Text frame publisher.jpg

I would suggest creating a separate shape (not a text frame) for the star, apply the brushed stroke in Designer Persona, and then back in Publisher persona position a text frame without any fill or stroke over the top:

1750860446_Screenshot2021-02-28at18_38_25.thumb.png.4cd278c6785ba1a0128855d38feae5a9.png

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.