You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export preview scale/size - where?

On a Mac it's Cmd +. Presumably Ctrl + on Windows.

ADD: on my MacBook Pro I can also zoom in and out of the export preview using a pinch in and out on the trackpad.

Cheers,

H

Edited by h_d
Added advice.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

What Export Preview? Oh!  😀

In addition to @h_d's trackpad shortcut, I can also use the scroll-wheel on my mouse while holding down thew option key on my Mac - presumably alt on Windows?  Or, to go straight to 100%, command-1 (ctrl-1 on Windows).

Once at 100% zoom (or whatever), if you can't stretch the Preview window large enough, you can click/hold/drag to move the viewed area within the preview window.

Not sure if I'll ever use this, but it's good to have learned another trick!

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

11 minutes ago, Mr Lucky said:

Thanks, but that does nothing (I'm on mac and tried the CMD +

Today it is showing the preview at 7%

All I have to do is click on the preview window and then use Command + 1 to get 100%. I can resize the window before or after changing the zoom. Command + 0 (zero) gives me the image filling the preview window as much as is possible.

i am on Mac OS 10.14.6 and Photo or Designer 1.9.1

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

7 hours ago, Mr Lucky said:

Thanks, that works nicely

All of the zoom shortcuts @v_kyr shows should work if you first click in the preview window to make sure it has the focus of the UI.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, Mr Lucky said:

That's great, but I still don't know how to get to that window showing the shortcuts

From the top menu ...

• Affinity Appname > Preferences and there select then "Keyboard Shortcut options"

... see the online help, that's the reason there is a help system every app has.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

20 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

From the top menu ...

• Affinity Appname > Preferences and there select then "Keyboard Shortcut options"

... see the online help, that's the reason there is a help system every app has.

No need to be snarky. I looked in preferences and in the online help, so I asked here. and got a useful non-snarky answer from @Old Bruce above.

In the online help as first resort, searched for export preview , export preview zoom and export preview zoom andI found nothing that mention anything pertinent.

I looked in preferences and did not see these shortcuts.

887806535_Screenshot2021-03-06at12_47_35.png.34403b85fe07333bb2fa1b8cc29f8175.png

5 hours ago, Mr Lucky said:

I looked in preferences and did not see these shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts are (for the most part) grouped in the same way they appear in menus, so since the zoom options appear in the View > Zoom menu, if you set the second popup in keyboard prefs to "View" (as @v_kyr suggested) you should see the shortcuts assigned to the zoom options.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 years later...

Totally Confused: How can I preview image quality?

This is a fundamental feature that really should work out of the box. When I click "Export," the image previews settings should be readily available (see screenshot).

I'm stumped. Please educate me.

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 12.29.39 PM.png

Hi @ortonom and welcome to the forums,

You can zoom in to Raster image file format previews but not Vector previews, however, there is currently a bug in the Release and Beta versions which results in the Width text entry box having focus when you change file formats thus preventing the standard zoom keyboard commands from working.

The workaround, e.g., for JPEG is to mouse-click in the Quality Box in the Advanced section of the export window and then tab out of it. Once you've done that you can use Cmd 1 through Cmd 4 to zoom in at 100%, 200%, 400% and 800% respectively.

Alternatively, you can hover your mouse over the preview and hold the Alt Key to zoom if you have a Magic Mouse or similar.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

25 minutes ago, Hangman said:

Alternatively, you can hover your mouse over the preview and hold the Alt Key to zoom if you have a Magic Mouse or similar.

So basically, any pointing device with a scroll function.

BTW, this bug is not fixed in the current Mac beta versions but maybe in the next one it will be.

Affinity Photo 

4 minutes ago, R C-R said:

So basically, any pointing device with a scroll function.

That'll be about right... 🐭

5 minutes ago, R C-R said:

BTW, this bug is not fixed in the current Mac beta versions but maybe in the next one it will be.

Mentioned in the post but fingers crossed we'll see a fix soon... :)

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

21 minutes ago, Hangman said:

Mentioned in the post but fingers crossed we'll see a fix soon... :)

In a post in this topic? I must have missed it ... & searching this topic on "beta" in the Safari search field doesn't find it in a post other than in the above & in sigs.

Affinity Photo 

Achieving 100% when scrolling is like trying to win the lottery. Additionally, once you change the dimensions, you cannot adjust the zoom level to preview the image quality (screenshot attached).

I am confused as to why such a fundamental feature is missing from the program.

Is it really that difficult to code the ability to "Export image with preview panes" in under 10 years? I'm not trying to be clever, I'm just being REAL here.

What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 2.20.21 PM.png

Edited by ortonom

4 minutes ago, ortonom said:

I am confused as to why such a fundamental feature is missing from the program.

It is a bug, not an intentional omission.

Affinity Photo 

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Mr Lucky said:

Export preview is no longer zooming.

What kind of file are you exporting? Which application and OS?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

What kind of file are you exporting? Which application and OS?

Affinity Photo on iMac OS 13.4.1

It happens whatever type of file - jpg, png, svg - The export preview just doesn't resize (as it used to on Affinity 1)

12 minutes ago, Mr Lucky said:

It happens whatever type of file - jpg, png, svg - The export preview just doesn't resize (as it used to on Affinity 1)

Make sure you're using keys from the main keyboard, not the numeric keypad.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Make sure you're using keys from the main keyboard, not the numeric keypad.

I'm using CMD + or CMD - or CMD with a number . The commands work as expected on the normal working view, just not on the export preview.image.png.a1a6ef17e9c2aed53e2abd83c453e8d7.png