You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using Publisher to create print ready PDFs?

Hi everyone, I am completely new to Publisher; I never used illustrator. I bought publisher because I wanted to support Serif, but I am wondering if I can use it to replace what I am doing in Adobe Acrobat.

I currently use Acrobat Pro to create print ready PDFs of comic books. I really dont need any other acrobat functions and am trying to ditch it.  Typically, I will generate a CMYK .tiff with the resolution/dpi desired, then import these into Acrobat. Acrobat takes on the res/DPI of the tif files and just assembles it into a PDF for me.

Can Publisher do this? My main obstacle is that I don't see how to import images. I can manually open a tif in Publisher using right click, but besides that I am stuck when I want to add more pages. If I go to Document > Add Pages from File it greys out my tif files.

I also have Designer, so if I am using the wrong solution here I am always open to ideas 🙂

image.jpeg

1. Create a new document of the size required and the number of pages required.

2. On each page, add a picture frame rectangle from the toolbar all the over on the left for each tiff pane. on your page.

3. While the picture frame rectangle on your page is selected, click on the place image tool from the toolbar.  That will add an image to your picture frame rectangle.

4. Repeat for each image for each page.

5. Export document as PDF.

Mind you, Publisher has trouble doing comic content for print in the old right way. It cannot really handle 1200 dpi 1-bit bitmaps.

If handling comic as 300 dpi RGB/CMYK art is enough then Publisher can do press ready material.