You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: MacOS Dark Mode Visual Feedback Improvement

I noticed this a couple days ago and thought it was a bug. So raised it in the bugs sub forum initally, but have since removed it.

I first came across this in the New Master Page Dialog when you have dark theme on MacOS selected either in app or at an OS level.

The visual feedback for the selected state of Single or Facing page toggle is ambiguous with the dark theme, but is reinforced through OS accent colour in the light theme.

Dark theme: Relies on pushed button metaphor, yet the control - to me at least - looks/looked like a segmented control, suggesting that Single is highlighted. The context informed my opinion as the Dimensions Tab below is lighter and selected. I assumed that Lighter = selected.

506601711_Screenshot2021-02-27at17_23_05.png.9e04e69c1e815e7196bcd3df18b0315b.png

This "pushed button" metaphor is fine where there are more than two options using it and where one option has more than two choices.

As seen in the preferences pane (below) the control with three options shows clearly which is selected. Not only does the wording of the context help but the selected option is the odd one out. From this I can infer which choice is selected in the control above which only has two options.

306618177_Screenshot2021-02-27at17_22_56.png.f6fea307c5032a9343436dd79c48c61d.png

However, when light mode is enabled (see below) ambiguity is reduced as the selected choice is reinforced through accent colour. 

TLDR: Could the colour accent used in the light theme be applied to the Dark Theme too please?

1710281279_Screenshot2021-02-27at17_22_21.png.d37ac6fd1042eb0cf2ec1af1439e84c9.png