You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fontsize hyperlink doesn't update

Marcel5714

I made a Publisher document with approx 450 hyperlinks.  When I change the font or bold/underline and update the character style all the links change.  When I change the size and update it doesn't work.  Is this normal?  I guess not.  A workaround?  I don't want change all 450 links one by one!

A possible reason & workaround: In this video both hyperlinks have a style assigned with its size set to [No change], so they get their size from the accordingly assigned paragraph style – but there the size of the link text is overwritten already, indicated by the + symbol. As soon I reset this paragraph style then the custom size of the hyperlink style becomes active:

Find & Replace should enable you to repair your 400 hyperlinks with its Format options set in Find AND in Replace. Maybe the easiest way is creating first a new, different named Hyperlink style and then replace the current with the new. – Before (and not in the video) I experienced in the Hyperlinks Panel that re-assigning the current style via its pulldown menu causes this specific single link to react on a previously changed size of the hyperlink style (which initially was automatically created by APub with my first link).

1941863741_hyperlinkcharstylesizefixFR.jpg.1265f8b6e3b087dabc0fe008fb8e9105.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

2 hours ago, Marcel5714 said:

Strange that updating the hyperlinks wouldn't work for the size.

In my example it may feel odd but doesn't feel entirely unexpected to me because I had overwritten already the size defined in the paragraph style. Then a change of "[No change]" in the character style has a conflict: should it apply only for those text which still has the initial ("not changed") size of the paragraph style – or should it be dominant and apply to everything?

Without an overwritten paragraph style a change of the hyperlink style font size appears to react immediately, with and without an applied paragraph style.

But this video shows another issue: the greyed out "Add hyperlink" button in the Hyperlinks Panel. Though it can be bypassed via menu Text > Interactive it feels like a bug. It doesn't happen continuously, I haven't noticed yet what situation triggers it. Nevertheless, at least in this new, very simple .afpub I would expect this UI to work properly.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1