You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Random blurred images after loading

On Affinity Publisher 1.9 and 1.9.1. Affinity Photo 1.9 installed. This is on Windows 10, with 32Mo RAM.

I have multiple documents (created with 1.8.x) containing multiple images.

Since 1.9 when I load a document, most of the time a few images are blurred.

For example

image.png.f39d1bbb361e3d54107ba9eea6531199.png

If I close (without even saving) the document, and open it again, that same image is correct, but other images are blurred.

image.png.b119db9af8384664ad71e66b92b5d279.png

Sometimes I have to try more than 10 times before all images are correct.

The "blurr" looks the same as when the image has been deleted from the disk or modified outside of Publisher. However, in this case the images have not been changed. I have some images that appear in multiple pages and only one of the occurrences is blurred, the other are perfectly fine.

First seen in Affinity Publisher 1.9. I upgraded to 1.9.1 when it came out, but I sill have the issue. I tried with different documents I created using Affinity Publisher 1.8 and they also have the issue when opened with Affinity Publisher 1.9.1. The documents contain between 30 and 50 images. One document is using CMYK and a color profile, the other documents I tested are classic sRGB. I fail to reproduce it on a fresh new 1.9.1 document (I created 70 pages, single master, one background image, about 40 different images placed a bit randomly in those pages).

Edited by Cyril Ronseaux

• 1 month later...