You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

problem in curve with 1.9.1

alp73ppt

5 hours ago, alp73ppt said:

New version 1.9.1 : "curve" gives surprising results : once I have clicked on the curve to move it the photo become greenish (see attached file). Something wrong with me ?

1. Many here have problems with hardware acceleration. Disable it to rule it out as a cause (Settings -> Performance).
  2. If that does not help, it would be helpful if you could provide us with the image.

Hello Michail

Thank you for your answer 😊 Sorry but I was not able to find out the settings for hardware acceleration. Is it for the graphical board card ? The two images of my first post illustrate the problem I am faced with : original image, then the image as soon as I click on the curve, befaore doing any displa cement of the curve : greenish pattern on all the photo.

Michel

20 minutes ago, alp73ppt said:

Sorry but I was not able to find out the settings for hardware acceleration. Is it for the graphical board card ?

Yes, it concerns the graphics card
Menu Edit -> Preferences -> Performance -> Option Hardware acceleration:

image.png.44319d45e362ec2a0d824d1a4543741f.png

My graphics card is an INTEL (R) UHD Graphics 620.
I have three options for Affinity for the grahic card: 1) let Windows decide, 2) power saving, 3) high performance. The default parameter is 1). I have changed it to the option 2). It didn't change anything to solve my problem. But perhpas i have not found the right path ? I did not see "edit" anywhere. The menus are different for each graphics card ?

Michel

6 minutes ago, alp73ppt said:

It didn't change anything to solve my problem. But perhpas i have not found the right path ? I did not see "edit" anywhere. The menus are different for each graphics card ?

It does have something to do with the graphics card (GPU), but the option I am talking about is in the Affinity Photo settings. When you open the programme, you will also find the menu item "Edit". You don't have to screw around at your graphics card 🙂

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am currently using version 1.9.1.979. I thought that the new versions available were automatically offered for download. Should I download this new version without waiting for someone to ask me? Michail's solution is working fine and maybe I can wait until this 1.9.2 is distributed through the app?

26 minutes ago, alp73ppt said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I am currently using version 1.9.1.979. I thought that the new versions available were automatically offered for download. Should I download this new version without waiting for someone to ask me? Michail's solution is working fine and maybe I can wait until this 1.9.2 is distributed through the app?

The beta version is a pre-release version. You can install it independently of the normal version. In the beta you can observe bug fixes and future functions
(current beta: https://beta-downloads.serif.com/download/affinity-photo-customer-beta-1.9.2.997.exe).

The transition from a beta to a release version has been a bit bumpy in the past. The more people watch the beta, the smoother the transition.

Hi Michail,

Unfortunately the same bug (perhaps not a bug ?) is still present in the beta version : as soon as I clik on the curve a greenish color apperas on the image. See the two files sent with my first post on this topic. Disabling hardware acceleration fixes the problem.

I also have a laptop running INTEL (R) UHD Graphics 620 and had problems with AP beta 1.9.2 when hardware acceleration is used.

After reading that others have fixed their problem by updating the 620's graphics driver, I tried to do the same. It wasn't that simple. Once via Windows Update, next via Lenovo Vantage, but both said an update was NOT available.

Finally, I found an update utility from Intel (Intel Driver & Support Assistant) which updated my driver to a 2021 version, and all is good (so far...).

Hi Gabe and Pete

i have updated all Intel drivers but the graphics card driver has not been updated. I found the 2021 version and tried the update but it is not compatible with my computer and I got an error message.
I will then continue to use Affinity by disabling hardware acceleration.
Thanks for all of your help! 😃