You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unexpected error 0x00000001 while trying register Affinity Photo

Hi guys, I am facing a problem trying to register Affinity Photo. I am having as result the following message:

There was an unexpected problem while handling the server's response (0x00000001).

My Affinity Photo version:

My windows version:

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    20H2
Installed on    ‎08/‎02/‎2021
OS build    19042.804
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Is there someone facing the same issues?

photo.png

• Staff

@Alander

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

This is a fault diagnostic screen that was added to 1.9.1 to help us fix this feature for some customers. As a result of this error first being reported on Tuesday, we have identified the problem and have written a fix that will be included in the 1.9.2 next release.

You may not have to wait for 1.9.2 to become ready for release. Please could you try something for me. Install the Affinity Photo 1.9.1 beta for windows from a link in the first post here. Then try again to register your 1.9.1 release copy. If that does not work then I expect the first 1.9.2 beta will fix this, so follow this thread for notifications of beta releases

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 2/27/2021 at 6:40 AM, Alander said:

Hi guys, I am facing a problem trying to register Affinity Photo. I am having as result the following message:

There was an unexpected problem while handling the server's response (0x00000001).

My Affinity Photo version:

My windows version:

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    20H2
Installed on    ‎08/‎02/‎2021
OS build    19042.804
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Is there someone facing the same issues?

same issue here

Cannot register and sync...

Windows 21h1 OS Build 19043.844

cannot download 

image.png.fa50458b5cf3a374cd443e4175c86d98.png

image.thumb.png.dae73a481e67571962520cb751c2c728.png

• Staff

This should be fixed in the full 1.9.2 release

Please can readers of this thread try the new Affinity 1.9.2 windows betas and confirm that they work

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to add, that I can't register two apps I bought in the Apple App Store or iTunes Store (Photo and Designer).
But this might also be related to the fact that I'm using an older operating system. It is El Capitan Mac OSX 10.11.6
I'm promted to update my system but the current system is the limit for my Mac Pro.

Is this the only way to register or will it be possible to proove the purchase some other way?
Alex

• Staff
2 hours ago, blackletter said:

Is this the only way to register or will it be possible to proove the purchase some other way?

I understand you can email affinity@serif.com and they will help you register (and get the registration incentives)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 4 months later...
On 2/27/2021 at 2:13 AM, Patrick Connor said:

@Alander

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

This is a fault diagnostic screen that was added to 1.9.1 to help us fix this feature for some customers. As a result of this error first being reported on Tuesday, we have identified the problem and have written a fix that will be included in the 1.9.2 next release.

You may not have to wait for 1.9.2 to become ready for release. Please could you try something for me. Install the Affinity Photo 1.9.1 beta for windows from a link in the first post here. Then try again to register your 1.9.1 release copy. If that does not work then I expect the first 1.9.2 beta will fix this, so follow this thread for notifications of beta releases

I feel like telling paying customers "you'll just have to wait for the next release" with no timeline at all is a bit ridiculous. to be honest with you. It's now SIX MONTHS later and I'm still getting this error. When is this mythical new release coming out that fixes this issue?

2 hours ago, GalaxyClassNerd said:

I feel like telling paying customers "you'll just have to wait for the next release" with no timeline at all is a bit ridiculous. to be honest with you. It's now SIX MONTHS later and I'm still getting this error. When is this mythical new release coming out that fixes this issue?

Which version do you have installed?

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On Windows, quit (close) the application. Right-click on the application icon and choose "Run as Administrator". Then you'll probably find that the Registration will work, and after that you can run the application normally.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1