You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File is corrupted... again

So I posted in December when I was working on a magazine and my file became corrupted. It's happened again on the next issue. I don't know what to do but I'm on a deadline and can't deal with these kinds od problems anymore.

The last thing I did was copy and paste some text boxes/images from another issue and then try to replace an image.

I'm saving multiple times regularly now but it still sets me back and costs me money.

Screenshot 2021-02-27 at 10.34.16.png

There are a number of things to consider. 

1. Have you tried reinstalling the software?

2. Is it possible you have a hardware issue with a drive or even a cable between computer and drive?

3. Is the file stored on a cloud drive and possibly experiencing sync issues?

Can you tell us something about your hardware setup? 

Maybe you can provide a copy of the file in question here, and some of the experienced members and even developers could examine it. 

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @Britain,

Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here!

We’re sorry to hear that your Affinity document is no longer opening for you. Please upload the file to us using the below link and we’ll take a further look at the file to see if we can recover any of its contents. We would obviously also like some additional information to see if we can work out the cause of the problem and stop it happening in future. To assist this process, as well as uploading your file, please can you also tell us the following:

1. Which Operating System are you using?
2. Which version of Affinity did the file last get saved in?
3. What drive type was the file last saved to (select more than one if needed)?
Local disk
USB disk/Flash disk
Google Drive folder
OneDrive folder
iCloud folder
Dropbox folder
Network location
Other (please specify)

4. Any other information you think would help us try to find the problem?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/y5CdER7LsuuTWqEWRFN1

We suggest that you check to see if you have any backups of the document available in case we’re unable to recover the file. The investigation process can take some time, but we’ll be back in contact with our findings.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)