You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have become very interested in ‘Typographical Portraits’ I’ve seen a few on Pinterest but so far have been unable to find any instructions on how to do them in AP. I don’t even know if it is possible (I hope so) or can it only be done in A  Designer  op A Pub. Any guidance would be great. TIA. 

There are so many different styles that it would be best if you could point to a particular one that you’d like to reproduce.

https://creativenerds.co.uk/inspiration/25-beautiful-examples-of-typography-portraits

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

This is the kinda thing I'm trying to get towards ~ It's an image I wanna create for one of the 111 call handlers. I'm trying to put all the words & sayings that they hear or have to say, day-by-day on each & on almost every call.  I might have to get Affinity Designer 🤷🏻‍♂️ but I'm hoping that there's a way to do it or  to get really, really close to it by using Affinity Photo on its own. 

Screenshot_2021-02-27_at_08_55_20.png

Photo is probably your best bet for that kind of thing but I imagine it will need a lot of planning and experimentation to get something which looks good.
Just making sure you have the text in the right place before manipulation will probably be quite a chore.

In addition to the aforementioned Mesh Warp you might also want to look at using the Bump Map and Liquify functionalities.

I don’t envy you trying to do this but would be interested in seeing the result.
Good luck and fingers crossed.

Thanks GaryP ~ I'll keep on trying, even though I'm unsure where to start, let alone how I'll finish it off.  I keep thinking that there must be some instructions or even a tutorial out there somewhere but …no matter what I type in to Google or Safari I just can't find it!  On top of that… I've never used PhotoshopLightroom or any other Post Processing Gear so, even if its not the full ~  'Step-by-Step' Procedure ~ then, something, anything pointing in the right direction would be a help.   (here's hoping) 😉 ~ 

I thought I'd posted the above comment but Here's my latest attempt  I'm not there yet but getting closer.  Mostly using the Liquify tool just need to mess around with various fonts.

Dental Pratice 1.jpg

• 1 month later...

It'll be easier if you try the one on black background.

You "only" need to put your text, with bigger and bolder words in the plane aeras with lot of luminosity, and smaller text in darker parts. What's easy in this, is that you end up putting the portrait above the white text in multiply mode.

Here is a simple example, I didn't distort the word or use different ones, but it's  the basics.

It's done with the beta version.

pomme.afphoto

Thank you for that Wosven.  It's been a while but I have, by my own trial and error methods (as you'll see in the attached image) got to that same stage.

It sure does take a while to get organised and type in all the sayings or words you want to use but evens,  I think its worth it… if only for the affinity photo learning & use of curves and layers and so on.

Thanks again for your contribution.

Dental Typography 1.jpg