You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

18 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I can’t see anything in your video – just a white background with the controls beneath it.

I can see it on my iPad, but it’s half a minute of footage in portrait format that was obviously captured by pointing a phone camera at the computer screen and panning across to show the Studio. All it shows is what the OP describes: the cursor (which is normal when over the tools and the Studio panels) is a ‘hand’ over the canvas, regardless of which tool is active.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Only getting the “hand” cursor when the mouse is over the canvas doesn’t sound like expected behaviour but we could be missing a lot of information.
They said that when they get “the hand” they "can’t do anything else" but I’m wondering if that means they can’t even use it like the View Tool (e.g. drag to pan).
Also, if we knew which distortion and which filter were used then we might have a better chance of replicating the issue.

(Getting “the hand” is better than getting ‘the finger’ I suppose.)

28 minutes ago, GarryP said:

They said that when they get “the hand” they "can’t do anything else" but I’m wondering if that means they can’t even use it like the View Tool (e.g. drag to pan).

No, the video shows the hand panning the workspace around, just as you would expect if the View Tool were chosen explicitly.

28 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Also, if we knew which distortion and which filter were used then we might have a better chance of replicating the issue.

There’s an ‘Unsharp Mask’ filter nested in a lower layer, but it isn’t obvious what kind of distortion has been applied.

D515EDD2-2AFA-4FDC-B13D-4591BC45F3E9.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 2/27/2021 at 7:24 AM, GarryP said:

Only getting the “hand” cursor when the mouse is over the canvas doesn’t sound like expected behaviour but we could be missing a lot of information.

(Getting “the hand” is better than getting ‘the finger’ I suppose.)

I literally put all the info in the post as to how this occured.

On 2/27/2021 at 7:42 AM, Alfred said:

No, the video shows the hand panning the workspace around, just as you would expect if the View Tool were chosen explicitly.

There’s an ‘Unsharp Mask’ filter nested in a lower layer, but it isn’t obvious what kind of distortion has been applied.

D515EDD2-2AFA-4FDC-B13D-4591BC45F3E9.jpeg

The distortion was Displace

On 2/27/2021 at 5:13 AM, GarryP said:

I can’t see anything in your video – just a white background with the controls beneath it.
Would you be able to post it in a different format?
(Some video formats can’t be viewed by some people – missing codecs, etc.)

I don't have another format. I recorded my Macbook with an iPad, lol