You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issue with attempting to update Affinity Photo from 1.9.0 to 1.9.1

Hi there,

I tried up update Affinity Photo from 1.9.0 to 1.9.1 last night, but I had an error show up during the installing stage which then led to the following message appearing: "Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo\d3dcompiler_47.dll.   Verify that you have access to that directory."

Has anybody encountered this issue? If so, does anybody know how to resolve it? Thanks in advance.

image.png.aac16e0077e378c175442e62cf71a718.png

P.S. I also had the same problem with trying to update Affinity Designer from 1.9.0 to 1.9.1. The Affinity folder has also seemingly disappeared from my C:\ Drive.

image.png.4331540ef3f24983566841850302f919.png

Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo\d3dcompiler_47.dll.   Verify that you have access to that directory.

Hello there
I turned off the antivirus software and reinstalled 1.9.1

WIN10 update, you try it

Edited by winson

On 2/28/2021 at 3:06 PM, winson said:

Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo\d3dcompiler_47.dll.   Verify that you have access to that directory.

Hello there
I turned off the antivirus software and reinstalled 1.9.1

WIN10 update, you try it

Stopping the anti-virus appears to have worked! It also appears that the anti-virus has recently been causing issues with me accessing other applications as well, not just Affinity.

26 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Thanks - what anti-virus are you using?

I was using 360Safe, which is a Chinese anti-virus. It was working fine with all my programs before, but for some reason recently it has been preventing me from doing a lot of things. Uninstalled it now and just running Windows Defender :)