You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Promoting Child Adjustment Layers and Making Assets Panel Visible

Hi,
I'm loving getting to grips with the Affinity apps, but I have two problems.

I wanted to apply the same adjustments to a number of scans of old photos.
I read through this very helpful post - 'Copying attributes adjustments to other images'.
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/66953-copying-attributes-adjustments-to-other-images/

I had a Curves child layer adjustment, plus an HSL and 'Brightness&Contrast' Adjustment at the top of the layer stack (It probably should have been just the Curves, if I'd got it right, but not to worry.)
I could not move the child Curves adjustment out to be above the pixel layer. So I added a preset to the Curves, used the Assistant to 'add new adjustment layers as new layer', and chose my new preset as a new top level layer from the adjustments panel.
I was then able to delete the child adjustment and group and select all my three adjustments.I could then copy and paste them to new images.

This worked OK, but I think it would have been better to directly move my child adjustment out to the top of the layer stack, rather than use a preset.
So, Question 1. Please can you tell me how to do this, as I imagine it's possible.

I saved an aphoto file, which includes the three adjustments, so I can reload that and copy/paste the adjustments again.
But walt.farrell, in the post mentioned above, also suggests adding the (grouped) adjustments as an asset.
I think this is a much more elegant solution. It works fine in Designer and Publisher. But I have a problem.

Question 2. I cannot see / find the Assets Panel in Affinity Photo. It is visible in Designer and Publisher, but not in Photo. All the other panels can be turned on and off as usual in AP.

I thought it might be because I had no assets, so I downloaded the Rainbow Overlays and Ink Stamp Textures. Still no Assets Panel.

I have reset the Studio to default, turned the Assets Panel on and off a few times, restarted the program numerous times and finally uninstalled and reinstalled it - all to no avail.
Is it me? Where  / how does the Assets Panel appear in the default Studio in AP?

I would be grateful for any help any forum member can give.
Thanks a lot,
Geof

Affinity V2 Full Licence

Affinity Photo 2.0.4, Affinity Photo 2.1.0.1709(Beta),

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Version    10.0.22621

17 minutes ago, Gandlareus said:

I cannot see / find the Assets Panel in Affinity Photo. It is visible in Designer and Publisher, but not in Photo. All the other panels can be turned on and off as usual in AP.

Perhaps: View > Studio > Show Left Studio?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1