You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't download affinity on OSX App Store

Hello, my affinity account is under my gmail, but i purchased affinity designer / photo desktop on the mac app store (so it doesn't show in my purchase history). I cannot update anything on the app store (just spent a useless hour with apple). how do I download it from your site? I deleted designer on my computer in hopes that would fix the app store problem, but now I'm without designer at all.

I need designer on my computer to finish a deadlined project

thank you

18 minutes ago, bwackv said:

how do I download it from your site?

You would purchase the applications again from the Affinity Store. That's the only way to switch from the Mac App Store.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@bwackv

Posting of email address or app store account login details is most definitely NOT recommended in any public forums, like this one.  I would urge you to edit your post to remove them as soon as possible.  One could lead to Spam, the other to the potential hijacking of your App store account.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

@bwackv

It has always been the case that Serif and Apple share no customer data so there is no way for Serif to "see" you have bought the app via the AppStore.

However, don't forget we are still in the 50% off the price period!

BTW, thank you for removing those email addresses from your original post.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

55 minutes ago, bwackv said:

wait so I have to buy affinity designer again?? that makes no sense?

You don't have to buy it again. You can continue to work with Apple Support to resolve your problem with their Store.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Please see the other posts on this topic.

The trick with killing the appstoreagent does work, but you have to FORCE-kill it while the update process is running.

Go to Applications > Utilities > Activity monitor > start activity monitor.

Go to the app store  > log in.
Click the update button for the application you want to update.
In case of more than 1 update, click "update All".
Update icon starts spinning.

Go back to Activity monitor
Find the appstoreagent process
Force-kill the appstoreagent process.When it's gone,
Go back to the Appstore
Click the update button again (it's still spinning, but click it anyway).

This is a workaround solution, NOT a permanent fix.

When updating again, you'll have to shutdown the computer, start again and do the whole process again.

1 hour ago, catlover said:

The trick with killing the appstoreagent does work, but you have to FORCE-kill it while the update process is running.

That did not work for me, but my problem was no update for any Affinity app was showing in the Updates section of the Mac App Store, so there was nothing to click on there to try to start the download.

I eventually used the search feature in the store to find the store description pages for AD & AP. Those pages did have an "Update" button & they worked for me.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I've had the same happening with the Update page in the app store : totally blank, while I knew for certain
that there were updates. Going to the store itself and back to update page again brought up the updates, but
I haven't been able to find the update button on the store page.
Where/how exactly did you find it ?

BTW: It seems that, according to posts in the macrumors forum (link) that there is a blip with an Apple server,
as well as (or in combination with) a Security update for Mojave 10.14.6.
Apple does not recognize this (??). 

Echoes of Microsoft  behaviour  .....

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/suddenly-unable-to-update-or-download-from-appstore.2285116/

51 minutes ago, catlover said:

Going to the store itself and back to update page again brought up the updates, but
I haven't been able to find the update button on the store page.
Where/how exactly did you find it ?

I am not sure what you mean by "going to the store itself" -- Apple keeps changing the layout of the Mac App Store application so for example Mojave users are probably not seeing the same layout as Catalina users.

For me running Catalina, there is a column on the left with the search box at the top & various other items below it, one of which is Updates & the last of which is my user account name (blanked out in this screenshot):

779111509_MASapp.jpg.bb6831433f973cd540133411ff83b105.jpg

For me, what should happen when I select the Updates item is I get a list of all the apps I bought from the MAS that have available updates I have not yet installed, plus (as shown) a list of recently applied updates. Each uninstalled update should have an "Update" button next to its name & once updated should move to the recents list below, with that button replaced by the Open button, like for Vectornator.

But for me, neither AP nor AD ever showed up in the list of available updates and even after I updated them by finding their product pages using the search box (where there was an "Update" button), as shown above they did not show up in the "Updated Recently" list.

An alternate way to get to the product page is to click on my user account icon at the bottom of the window, which takes me to a list of my purchases. After locating AD or AP in the list, there may be an "Update" button for them but if not, clicking on the product icon opens its product page, where the button may be shown.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

There is an option to hide/show applications you have purchased, this is in the User Account view and I am unfamiliar with Catalina so the app store is going to be different.... You may have them hidden. Warning though: All the hidden applications will now be shown, you'll have to go through and re-hide the old stuff you never want to see again.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

There is an option to hide/show applications you have purchased, this is in the User Account view and I am unfamiliar with Catalina so the app store is going to be different.... You may have them hidden. Warning though: All the hidden applications will now be shown, you'll have to go through and re-hide the old stuff you never want to see again.

In Catalina's App Store, after clicking on the user account icon at the bottom left, the "Account" view opens & one of the items at the top is "View Information." Click on that, enter your Apple ID password, & it opens an overlay window. In that window one of the items is "Hidden Items" with a "Manage" link. Clicking that brings up a list of all the hidden purchases, each of which has its own "Unhide" button" (which may require scrolling the window to the right to see).

Anyway, none of the Affinity apps are on my Hidden list, so I'm still in the dark about why I had to use the search feature to eventually get to the product page that had the Update button.

Affinity Photo 

• 1 year later...

It was finally when he waited for when he was going to end. I thought a single application and lifelong update. What happened to you? 2 did you write everything changed? You broke us bravo.
Always be big like a dinosaur and finally explode like a bomb. I applaud, you fooled again. Thank you