You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print Dialog: Missing options for setting paper profiles (ColorSync)

Hello,

I'm on a Mac Pro, running Catalina.

I'm trying my first print from Affinity Photo. I've done my soft proofing, with my paper profile (a canon pro paper luster)...ready to print.

I'm in the print dialog.  My picture is black and white, I selected that.

I'm trying to set the parameters, and following some tutorials. I'm looking in the dropdown that has Range and Scale, etc in it....looking for the option of Color Matching.

This, from the tutorials I'm watching, is where you can select (on a Mac) the ColorSync option, and from there you can select your paper profile, I want the one I soft proofed from of course.

However, in that drop down and all of them I've been looking for, I don't see the Color Matching option.

I thought, perhaps it was due to selecting Black & White, I switched to color and still, no option for setting Color Matching or paper profiles.

I'm on a Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer.

Its been awhile, but I've printed and selected paper profiles before on this printer, just from another application (On1 RAW and Lightroom)...and on an older Mac.

So, I know its possible to select for this printer, but I can't seem to find what I'm expecting to see in Affinity Photo, the latest version.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

cayenne

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

@cayenne Usually a Colour Matching option is available, see the attached screenshot from my system. I have a Canon IX6500 printer attached, the Print dialogue options/settings are provided by the printer driver/OS and not by our app.

Check to see if you are using a Canon driver and not one provided by the OS, as it may have limited options available.

Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 14.53.51.png