You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 2/26/2021 at 11:17 AM, LastGrasp said:

These are fake album covers I made with Affinity Photo for the Album Cover Challenge thing. I also included the a simple logo I made for my project

8954BB61-2D04-4DCA-B970-B64D77AABD69.jpeg

Besides the kerning of most of the texts here should get some adjustments—is it just me or is the font used for "The Lewis Sherman Orchestra" horribly unbalanced and really unprofessionally looking? (Not your fault, it's the font designer's choice.) In particular the "S" looks out of place to me.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

3 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

is it just me or is the font used for "The Lewis Sherman Orchestra" horribly unbalanced and really unprofessionally looking?

No, it’s not just you!

4 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

In particular the "S" looks out of place to me.

The serifs on the S shouldn’t be hanging in midair like that. The ‘thin’ strokes of the W are too thick, the L and the E are too wide, and the O and the C are too narrow. I could go on....

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

4 minutes ago, Alfred said:

No, it’s not just you!

Thanks for confirming! The font reminded me of some "elegant serif" attempted variant of one of those "Kindergarten"/Kids fonts which use random and inconsistent letters. (Though badly done and latter usually make more sense.)

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

On 3/4/2021 at 7:52 AM, Andy05 said:

Besides the kerning of most of the texts here should get some adjustments—is it just me or is the font used for "The Lewis Sherman Orchestra" horribly unbalanced and really unprofessionally looking? (Not your fault, it's the font designer's choice.) In particular the "S" looks out of place to me.

Yea, I used fonts from Dafont and picked em quickly since I was recording the screen.

On 3/4/2021 at 8:03 AM, Alfred said:

No, it’s not just you!

The serifs on the S shouldn’t be hanging in midair like that. The ‘thin’ strokes of the W are too thick, the L and the E are too wide, and the O and the C are too narrow. I could go on....

The "S" does look stupid as hell in relation to the other letters in that font