You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.9.1.979 - after update asset placed on document with symbols not working proberly

andriko

I work a lot with documets containing symbols. 
I have a master document which I copy and work with that. Never had any issue with my workflow. 
Now, with the update, when I drag an asset to the workspace, it simply reacts different in that way that it does not stay put when I place it where it should be. With a lots of tries I found that, as long as I keep it selected to place, the size of the asset starts to decrease horizontal and increase vertical. You see it on as no. 1 on the attachment.
If I kind of "throw" it onto the workspace of the document (depending how fast I release the mouse button) it looks like no. 2
If I place the asset outside an artboard, it behaves normal and I can manipulate it to my needs.
If it is a new document or one without symbols the use of the assets is normal. No distortion.

I attached a screenshot file and a sample doc where I deleted all information which would share my bread and butter. But the error can still be recreated from my side.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. Are you using the latest release version? - Yes 1.9.1.979 - the one from this last Thursday
    (here's how to check)
  2. Can you reproduce it? Yes, constantly.
    (if you cannot then we may struggle to also, making it even harder to fix)
  3. Does it happen for a new document? If not do you have a document you can share that shows the problem? Hm, not with a plain document. See my intro 
  4. If you cannot provide a sample document then please give an accurate description of the problem for example it should include most of the following:
  •    What is your operating system and version (Windows 10, OSX Mojave, iOS 12 etc)? - Windows 10pro - 64bit
  •    What happened for you (and what you expected to happen) - See my intro
  •    Provide a recipe for creating the problem (step-by-step what you did). - See my intro
  •    Screenshots (very handy) or a screen capture/video.- Attached
  •    Any unusual hardware (like tablets or external monitors or drives that may affect things) or relevant other applications like font managers or display managers. - No, nothing of these
  •    Did this same thing used to work and if so have you changed anything recently? (software or hardware) - Yes it worked before this update and no, I have not changed anything to the files. 

Workspace with Symbols selected and added Assets.JPG

Sample_doc.afdesign

• Staff

Hi Andriko,

Thanks for the document. I've reproduced that here and passed it on to development. I believe its related to artboards that have been scaled after their creation, which would explain why they're fine when placed outside of the artboard.

Sorry about this :(