You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Desperate need of Recolor Artwork functionality.

I'm finding it a bit hard to switch to Affinity Designer in a professional setting, because it's really hard to iterate based on client feedback. I love the layers system and the masking system and the noise - but bulk changing colours is incredibly time consuming. And yes - I am aware of global colours, but they don't allow the user to make variations on a design in the same document, unless I'm missing something.

For those unaware, the Recolor Artwork function in Illustrator lets you select a whole bunch of objects and swap out all the colours in one go.

I'm sure I'm not the first to request this but I really can't stress how big of a dealbreaker this is when working in an iterative process with other team member when colours get swapped around all the time.

Thanks!

This is also a major deal breaker for me. There’s a few threads about it already. Personally, for my needs, being able to apply/flatten a HSL adjustment layer into the vector artwork to replace the colours would suffice, as that’s how I usually recolour in Illustrator. Right now I feel like adjustment layers are only helpful at the very end of a project rather than reconsidering colour usage as you go.

I think I will be holding off with Affinity til version 2.0 which I have to imagine is going to have some of these long sought after features to entice people to pay to upgrade. For the record I think Affinity Designer is great in so many areas and fantastic value but as much as I want it to replace my Illustrator usage (which is a bug ridden pain in the arse now) it just lacks too many of my critical requirements.

• 3 years later...