You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using Topaz DeNoise as a plugin in AP

All of the sudden I cannot use Topaz DeNoise as a plug-in any more on my Macbook (OS 11.2.1).

I get the following message: "DeNoise AI model is missing or corrupted (TF)".

The problem is totally new.I have not changed anything that could have caused it.

Topaz Studio 2 however seems to function.

What can I do ? Please help. Thank you in advance.

Bildschirmfoto_2021-02-26_um_09_54_11.png

@Dag Zimmer

Same here. When I click on the [OK] button, Affinity Photo closes. The same thing happens with Topaz Adjust AI, but Sharpen AI loads OK. 

I am using Photo 1.9.1 What version of Photo are you using? What OS.  I am using Windows 10.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

6 minutes ago, Dag Zimmer said:

Hi John, I am using AP 1.9 (the latest version for Mac OS. In the Apple Store there is no other version available.). My OS is 11.2.1.

It should be worth you while getting the 1.9.1 version as soon as it becomes available in the Apple Store. 

Topaz has stated that their software is not guaranteed to work with Affinity, so don't hold your breath for a quick fix. Fortunately most things do work.  

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Yes, your are right, John. I guess The problem might eventually be solved. Hope the update will be available soon. I read somewhere that only the App-Store-Version of AP is concerned, not the website-version. I am somewhat surprised that you are having this problem with Windows, too.

• 1 month later...

I still get this error with 1.9.2 on Windows. I thought that sandbox mode did not apply to Windows.

John

18 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

I still get this error with 1.9.2 on Windows. I thought that sandbox mode did not apply to Windows.

John

Denoise AI v3.0.3, Sharpen AI v3.0.3, Adjust AI v1,0,5, Mask AI v 1.3.9 and Studio 2 v2.3.2 all working as plugins here with Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035.

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

With DeNoise AI and Adjust AI,  I get the message 'Error Launch plugin failure', with an OK button. When I click on this, Photo closes.

With Sharpen AI, I get the Topaz loading message, then everything hangs.

The non-AI Topaz plugins seem to work OK.

John

28 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

With DeNoise AI and Adjust AI,  I get the message 'Error Launch plugin failure', with an OK button. When I click on this, Photo closes.

With Sharpen AI, I get the Topaz loading message, then everything hangs.

The non-AI Topaz plugins seem to work OK.

John

The Topaz AI plugins are now in a different folder to the older legacy plugins.  The screen shot below shows my plugin settings and the menu items.
Whilst I have the plugin programs on C:\, the asset folders (.trg) for them are on a local data drive.

Are you able to get any clues from Windows Event Viewer?.  Another option is to start the Topaz AI programs freestanding, and in the Help menus, turn on File Logging. The log files then produced may provide a lead. The log files will be placed in a "Logs" folder within the Topaz Labs LLC assets folder. Typically Denoise AI when used as a plugin (after turning on File Logging) produces two files each run, for example "2021-04-27-00-12-35-Main.tzlog" and "2021-04-27-00-12-35-QML.tzlog". These are readable in Notepad.

Plugins.jpg

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

• 3 weeks later...

HELP! Can you/someone please tell my how you integrated this into AP? Despite of all Youtube videos I found how to do it, I am not able to even make it run at all. It's there but never made it starting. FYC: my all day work I am doing with Standard instead of Admin rights. The admin account I only use when needed. Topaz does not comply to Apple standard installation procedure that's why it is installed locally in the Applications folder of my home directory and not in /Applications.

I'd really appreciate

Pls have here a screen shot how this looks at my place after restart:

2021-05-15_10-54-47.thumb.jpg.a769d6c1267f9ad78de23e2dcd63023b.jpg

On 2/26/2021 at 10:03 AM, Dag Zimmer said:

All of the sudden I cannot use Topaz DeNoise as a plug-in any more on my Macbook (OS 11.2.1).

I get the following message: "DeNoise AI model is missing or corrupted (TF)".

The problem is totally new.I have not changed anything that could have caused it.

Topaz Studio 2 however seems to function.

What can I do ? Please help. Thank you in advance.

Bildschirmfoto_2021-02-26_um_09_54_11.png

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography
Pipobike Mountainbike Guide and Driving Instructor

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)