You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug - Publisher 1.9.1 - similar issue to links misbehaving in 1.9.0

deeland

previous post

Follow up with release of Publisher 1.9.1

On opening my document with links to Designer file, the same sort of problem appears (clipped imagery within frames) but this time you can zoom in and out of the spread and see the cropping change. I cannot show you this behaviour as a screen recording, as the document is client-sensitive. However, I created new documents from scratch, and repeated the error.

Appears to be something fundamental with the Resource Manager, loosing track of linked documents, or misinterpreting what status the document is in. If I simply create a new version of the Publisher and Designer document, make a simple change to the Designer document, and try to update the Publisher document via the Resource Manager, all picture frames are now blank.

I’m rolling back to 1.8.6 again, where this workflow works fine.

Screen Shot - master - publsher 1.9.1 v001 - link instances lost.afpub.png

Screen Shot - master - publsher 1.9.1 v002 - links lost.afpub.png

iMac Pro (2017) Processor: 3GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W / Memory: 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 / Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB | iPad Pro: 12.9 inch 2nd Gen

UPDATE…

I’ve screen recorded the very odd issue of zooming in and out and seeing the random cropping of each object. All original frames are the same dimensions.

I’ve had to blur out the content, due to the client-sensitive nature of the project, but I hope you see what’s happening here.

I've left the columns of the Resource Manager visible, so you can see "happy" status "OK".

All three affinity for macOS apps running 1.9.1

macOS Big Sur 11.2.1

#Resource Manager

Edited by deeland
video replaced

iMac Pro (2017) Processor: 3GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W / Memory: 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 / Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB | iPad Pro: 12.9 inch 2nd Gen

• 3 weeks later...

@Jon P Initially, frames were acting odd, but had to rebuild the Publisher (Beta 1.9.2 1009) document, then carefully do things in a certain order:

Place > Designer > first artboard appears on-click.

Page Box > Minimum Content

Right-click > convert to picture frame (set Properties to None)

Still issues with Resource Manager (as shown) with no preview, plus dimensions shown in pixels, even though document set globally to millimetres.

If I’m more casual and slap-dash, all "Hades" breaks loose.

Seems to be a step in the right direction, but will probably need to rebuild my proper master file, once 1.9.2 goes live. I’m okay with that, if it means future updates behave as expected.

Best – Dee

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 3.33.47 PM.png