You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 1 month later...

MEB,

Any update on this? We are considering Affinity Photo as a Photoshop replacement, however, macros/actions are an important part of our workflow.

Hi Edyska,

The Macro Persona may still take a while. Just keep the application updated (using the App Store app, Updates section) and you will receive all updates when they become available.

We also announce new versions on the forums, social media etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

PS user from 1992.

PS uses actions about from 1995.

Processing lots of pictures (catalogue, bridal, ecc) often require to apply certain operations to a quantity of images.

Also opening of several raw files must be made in batch mode.

I am tryng this application, that presents some interesting features, but without batch processing I cannot use it in my work.

Andrea

• Staff

Hi doeboy,

Macros will be included in the next (version 1.5), although not as a new Persona (there will be a new panel)

I don't think Photoshop actions will work on Affinity Photo (at least not all). There's no feature parity between the two applications so there's no way to execute them all in Affinity Photo.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi MEB, I've been searching for a way to record an action for creating an HDR from multiple files. The only way I can see to start the macro is to open a blank base file at the same pixel dimensions as the required size 4823 x 3210. Once the files are selected through File/New HDR Merge the macro panel disappears, stopping the action being recorded. I have a batch of about 160 files i'd like to create HDRs from and don't fancy doing manually 160 times. Obviously, this would be done through the Batch Job menu, but how do I create the initial Macro?

Regards john

Cheers MEB,

It would be a massive addition, I've used many programs to create HDRs but have to say the algorithms in Affinity Photo are so clean, the images have a unique crystal clear feel to them. Obviously, you'll only get that result from quality base images. These particular files are for a commercial vehicle client.

Thanks, I'll keep updating and hopefully see it added soon.

Regards john