You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SOS Super GAU with Publisher

My photo book project is ready. I made a few small changes and then saved it as a PDF for the print shop.
When I want to back it up, I get this message:

1427290746_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-25um20_58_13.png.5c4f1d5399bf4c57039fa3c7d73fa037.png

Failed to save the document
Saving failed. Reason: Error writing to the file.

I tried to back up the file with a different name and in different locations. It does not work!
The file is very large at 1.14 GB. The book has 220 pages and contains around 1000 images, which are, however, linked.
My MacBook Air unfortunately only has 8 GB of memory, but actually 125 GB of free space on the internal SSD.
However, it has shrunk to 40 GB due to the faulty memory clearance of macOS Catalina (10.15.7).
Of the 8.00 GB of physical memory, 5.85 GB are used, 2.12 GB are in the cache and the swap used is 6.52 GB.

Does anyone know a reason the publisher is unable to save the file?
Is there a way (detour) to secure it anyway?

Correction! Sorry!
The 2012 yearbook T1.afpub file is only 96.4 MB in size. The PDF file for the printer has 1.14 GB.

Edited by Nashorn

All clear!

After I loaded the cover file for my book and saved it as a PDF, I tried again to save the book file. Now it worked!

Big relief!

Something got stuck, now it's working again. Hopefully it stays that way!

PS: I had previously downloaded the latest version 1.9.1.

Yesterday I was still happy that I could finally save the file.

Today I tried to reload it. Then I got this response:

1547830100_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-27um13_02_49.png.fe8ba5be3f6de422b0d94d35d9e02f33.png

Is there any way to open the file anyway, or is many months of work lost?
During my overnight backup, the undamaged version from the previous day was probably overwritten.