You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Export fails

Mr. Dyck

Hi,

I have an specific Affinity Publisher file, which works properly. But when I try to export it to PDF, APub isn´t able to create the PDF. The export works fine with other similar files. 

I already tried to export with different Publisher Versions (1.9.0, 1.9.1 beta and now the official 1.9.1), but the export always gets stuck at around 40%. While Apub trys to export the file the RAM usage rises up to 11000 MB. It seems to be a bug in the file. Is there anyone who can fix the file? I would send it to you in a private message. 

Thank you very much in advance

On 3/5/2021 at 4:14 PM, Pauls said:

It exports for me (although I havent linked up all the images) - could disk space be an issue something this big can take up a lot of temporary space?

I have 30 gb of free space in c://

I also have 16 gb of ram. Processor if i3-9100F.

Is 30gb not enough? Maybe trying to export with the linked images causes the problem? (that's why I posted the package file originally...).

Thanks, Paul

• Staff

I managed to export using the package images too - Can you try the following and upload the pdflib.txt file

For Windows:

1. Create a folder called temp on the root of your C:\ drive so you have folder at C:\Temp\
  2. Run PDFLibLogging.reg - this will create a registry entry that enables logging for PDF Export
  3. Run Affinity and export to PDF and then click OK to accept the error message.
  4. Go to C:\Temp\ and send the newly created PDFlib.txt file to the support team as requested
  5. Now run PDFLibLoggingRemove.reg to return your settings back to normal

PDFLibLoggingRemove.reg 160 B

PDFLibLogging.reg 296 B · 62 downloads

50 minutes ago, Pauls said:

I managed to export using the package images too - Can you try the following and upload the pdflib.txt file

For Windows:

1. Create a folder called temp on the root of your C:\ drive so you have folder at C:\Temp\
  2. Run PDFLibLogging.reg - this will create a registry entry that enables logging for PDF Export
  3. Run Affinity and export to PDF and then click OK to accept the error message.
  4. Go to C:\Temp\ and send the newly created PDFlib.txt file to the support team as requested
  5. Now run PDFLibLoggingRemove.reg to return your settings back to normal

PDFLibLoggingRemove.reg 160 B 160 B · 55 downloads

PDFLibLogging.regUnavailable

Attached. It crashed before I could start exporting (it was saying calculating size).

pdflib.log

• Staff

no obvious errors in the log - if it crashed there should be a crash report in the following folder %appdata%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports\reports.  ( e.g. C:\Users\Pauls\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports\reports)

If you could upload the most recent one I can look at that

54 minutes ago, Pauls said:

Similar issue - maybe try deleting all pages with PDF's on them. As to why I can get it to work can be down to just having different systems.

Hi, I've deleted the embedded pdfs. Still crashing on calculating.

What specs are you exporting on? I'd expect my 16gb ram to be enough but maybe not...

1 hour ago, Pauls said:

Similar issue - maybe try deleting all pages with PDF's on them. As to why I can get it to work can be down to just having different systems.

Hi actually, we have a file that I successfully exported in Dec 2020. I recently updated affinity publisher and opened that file and even that is no longer exporting.

I think it's an issue with the new version of the publisher. Is there any way to open this file in an older version of publisher? Currently it throws me an error - 'your file is from a newer version' (something like that).

Any way to avoid that?