You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyperlinks in table cell overwritten in pdf document

Pegasus

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7, Publisher v 1.9.1.

2 similar 1 page documents have a table. In 1 cell of table there are 2 different url hyperlinks - the text for each both show correct link in Publisher (and rechecked several times). They have been exported as "pdf (digital-high quality)" - these pdfs are to be published on a website. When opening both pdfs the link for 1 has overwritten the link for the other - hovering over or clicking on either link shows/opens the same url. All other links (url/email) work correctly.

The 2 hyperlinked texts occur in the cell adjacent to "Location" (column 2, row 2)

How can I get the links to show/open the correct assigned urls?

Affinity Publisher-link issue1.pdf

Edited by Pegasus
Attaching pdf to show issue

I thought I'd have a play while waiting:

The following still produced the unwanted link:

• Deleting the text that had the url that was overwriting the other url
  • deleting all text in cell but then adding filler text
  • also: the row below also showed/activated the offending link - even though there were no links added in this row
  • overwriting the text, by cutting/pasting, had no effect

If I deleted all text in cell and left it blank - no links showing/activated in the cell

So in the end I had to delete the whole row and re-enter from scratch. This has solved the problem. I can now put in more than 1 link in a cell and they work as they should (although I'm going to leave just 1 in now).

Did I somehow associate the whole row (and the 1 below) with 1 of the links? How? If anyone has an answer, I'd be interested to know what caused this.

On 2/26/2021 at 7:04 PM, Pegasus said:

Did I somehow associate the whole row (and the 1 below) with 1 of the links?

It's hard to answer without seeing your .afpub. I didn't get issues with 2 different links within 1 cell. Also overwriting an existing text link with another for the entire row does work.

It seems to be possible to assign a link to an entire row or column. But in my test it was recognizable in the Hyperlink panel, respectively its various entries.
For instance here 2 cells contain a space char only, the 3rd a fullstop. The Hyperlinks panel shows 3 links for this column, one for each cell – although only 1 got set and applied for the selected column. All of this 3 panel entries don't show text.
401973675_hyperlinkintable1.thumb.jpg.aacdf7e0cf6862ce8005bb00aceb2457.jpg

In the exported PDF the cursor reacts for all 3 cells of this column:

816999074_hyperlinkintable2.jpg.3d04e1ab42e698058e20a4b9475e2941.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1