You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer should export eps files for cutting

Hi and hello,

I am just starting with Affinity Designer - up to now I worked still with my fvourite Freehand and (there was no other choice) Illustrator. For me Freehand is still the better Application considering these two. Of course no one can compare a 15 year old software (crushed by Adobe) to the Illustrator nowadays but nevertheless ist the old Macormedia App my Favorite. 

Now I found  the Designer and I am very impressed of all the possibilities on the one side and the user-friendly surface of this incredible App.  I try very hard to get rid of Adobe and get fixed with Affinity step by step.

But we all need the connections with Adobe, when we get a file from friends, other companies, etc to import and export and to keep the workflow. But I have another problem: My Printer is now 12 Years old but is still working well, the RIP Software is also 12 Years old and it is not possible to update the firmware of the printer and also the RIP Software. This means that pdf files are sometimes not printed as they where shown (in the first 2 or 3 years it worked) - especially fx are making these problems. That's the reason why I am using mostly eps files for print and cut jobs. This works very well with printer, RIP, Adobe, Freehand and all others. BUT: With the designer I have these problems:

PDF: These files which I create in Designer have a CutContour to cut and are working well, but most of the times the graphics are incorrect - missing pieces, etc.(because of the mentioned reasons)

EPS: Here are the graphics perfect but I could find no possibility to get the CutContour working in the right way. The CutContour information is not exported. Please make it work or give me a hint, what to do - without using AI as "helping-station" between Designer App and Printer.

If there is a solution (and if it is in the next update) Affinity is my No.1 absolutely. (Sorry Freehand-and hoping finally to get rid of non user-friendly and expensive Illustrator)

Thx already for your answers.