You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer freezing during font loading process

1 hour ago, Damien albiser said:

Hello, i'm having an issue with Affinity Designer during the font loading process on Windows 10 H2 update only with Pc but only with offline. Don't experimenting problem with Photo and Publisher. I tried to reinstall but still the same problem (with 1.85, 1.90 and 1.91). 

How many fonts do you have? If you have a lot of fonts, it could take a while to load them all.

2 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Damien,

Could you go to %appdata%\Affinity\Designer\ zip up a copy of the 1.0 folder and attach it please. If you then rename that '1.0' folder to '1.0 old' does Designer then start up?

Hi Sean, ok i do it and i needed to re-enter my mail and key but the problem is still there. Just for info it append with Affinity Photo from time to time but not in Publisher.

• Staff
9 minutes ago, Damien albiser said:

Hi Sean, ok i do it and i needed to re-enter my mail and key but the problem is still there. Just for info it append with Affinity Photo from time to time but not in Publisher.

Could you zip up and attach a copy of that folder (and also the now named '1.0 old' folder) please?

• Staff

Unfortunately you've renamed the incorrect folder, which is why you had to re-add your license key.

It looks like you've done the one in C:\ProgramData which is incorrect. I've deleted that file as it contained your private license key.

You need to press WinKey+R paste this line and click OK
%appdata%\Affinity\Designer\

This will take you to your AppData folder - here can you then rename 1.0 to '1.0 old' and zip up and attach that folder (there should be lots of folders inside). Once thats done try launching Designer again and see if that starts.

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Unfortunately you've renamed the incorrect folder, which is why you had to re-add your license key.

It looks like you've done the one in C:\ProgramData which is incorrect. I've deleted that file as it contained your private license key.

You need to press WinKey+R paste this line and click OK
%appdata%\Affinity\Designer\

This will take you to your AppData folder - here can you then rename 1.0 to '1.0 old' and zip up and attach that folder (there should be lots of folders inside). Once thats done try launching Designer again and see if that starts.

Thank you so much Sean, it seems to work fine, I had to re-accept the terms of policies and register again my licence.

Then I presume i can do the same with Photo if it happens to freeze !

• Staff
2 hours ago, Damien albiser said:

Thank you so much Sean, it seems to work fine, I had to re-accept the terms of policies and register again my licence.

Then I presume i can do the same with Photo if it happens to freeze !

It sounds like there is something in your settings that was causing it - would you mind attaching that '1.0 old' folder as I can pass that on to development to look over.

That will indeed work for Photo - however that folder stores all of your personalisations, so any brushes you add/create, assets, styles, macros, UI customisations, keyboard shortcuts etc are all stored in here. So if you rename or delete it you will find they will go missing so its worth bearing that in mind. A rename is always better as it means you can pass on the troublesome contents so we can investigate if required! 

Glad you're back up and running though! :)