You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Systematic crash on saving

Hadriscus

Hi all,

1.9.1 solved the performance issues I was having as well as text wrap not working, inline images behaving strangely, etc. (which is great!) but now I cannot save my document. "Save" or "Save as" result in an instant crash. Saved file exists but its size is 0kB. I don't know what to do. Reverting to 1.9 means having the aforementioned issues again, and reverting back to pre-1.9... I don't know what this entails, I'll just have to try. Meanwhile here's my file. It doesn't have the images because once I make them embedded I can't save the file. If it's really important I'll try to do this in 1.8

https://we.tl/t-5DVOrJeamm

Look I'll be honest, it's all starting to be somewhat crippling. I can't meet half my deadlines because of all this...

Cheers,

Hadrien

Goddammit, I can't open the last versions because they include features from a later version. Good thing I version my files a lot. Ok I tried and if I go back five saves it opens fine, but that's over one month back, which is obviously more work than I can redo in one afternoon. So I think I'll try 1.9.0 again and see if I can see past the slowness (I'll just close the paragraph panel lol) and the alignment issues and get a PDF out at least.

I know I have my part to play in testing the beta relases and all, but no matter what this shouldn't happen... it shouldn't happen at all...

Or you could post a crash report here. The problem start with page 8 onwards. Maybe the images are to blame or pinning them.

EDIT: Maybe my crash report will do.

5cb2cd85-06b0-49be-a7a0-2ac0f7a03d3c.dmp

Edited by Joachim_L

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

2 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

Or you could post a crash report here. The problem start with page 8 onwards. Maybe the images are to blame or pinning them.

EDIT: Maybe my crash report will do.

5cb2cd85-06b0-49be-a7a0-2ac0f7a03d3c.dmp 3.75 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks for having a look. I've been trying to attach the report to this post, to no avail. It just won't upload, just stays in queue indefinitely. Thanks for providing yours. How did you figure out the problem came from page 8 onwards ?

Here it is, it finally worked.

4cfdb24f-f414-446e-b7e9-edc9e1553c7b.dmp

1 minute ago, Hadriscus said:

How did you figure out the problem came from page 8 onwards ?

My usual workflow for narrowing down problems in larger documents is to cut documents into half, then the half of the half and then the half of the half of the half and so on.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• 1 month later...