You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

thanks for the fast answer. I have tried this before and the millions of nodes are not very comfortable. I also tried the .svg file from Wikipedia which is better than the Grapher Version and works only with a few nodes. But the Illustrator version is the most elegant one with only one node on every peak.

sinefromillustrator.afdesign

Thank you for sharing this one, ol4f … :)

I do agree. The million nodes sine from Grapher is indeed not very beautiful. Some years ago I did some pattern designs based on sine waves for a wall decoration, and I chose just the way I described. Exported the sine graph from Grapher and drew it on the basis of that file in my favourite Ad*be program … it’s a somewhat cumbersome method. The sore point is that sine waves (representations of the graphs of sine functions) cannot be represented exactly by Bézier curves …

But you can use Grapher in a more efficient way to help you with redrawing your sine wave. Simply create guide lines for the important points by using the respective equations in Grapher (my first screen shot) and export your sine together with these guide lines. Then snap guides in Affinity Designer to your Grapher guide lines and delete these lines. Lastly, draw the sine wave (second screen shot) … note that you have to catch just the values for arguments from, say, 0.5pi to 1.5pi (simplest choice, in my opinion). You can clone, flip and stitch your whole sine together then …  :)

A quick attempt is shown below. Cheers, Alex

post-1198-0-34110400-1443902608_thumb.png

post-1198-0-39641400-1443902711_thumb.png

Sine.afdesign