You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.9.1 still crashing

Hi Paul. thanks for responding. I do use C1 but tend not to use the "Edit with" option as it creates a clone and I don't always want that. I usually export from C1 to a folder on my C drive and then open the ones I want to stack from there.

CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz   2.21 GHz

and GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design

Thanks,

John

• Staff

Thanks for the info - Could you also upload the crash reports folder for affinity photo to here.

the folder will be somewhere like this

C:\Users\<YOURUSERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports

or enter this into file explorer

%appdata%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports

13 hours ago, Aestivator said:

I have found the Crash report folder but the link above seems dead so can't upload to there.

I will try Marks suggestion and see what happens.

In my case, I had to rename C:\Program Files\Capture One\Capture One 21\WIC\WIC64 folder, as it was causing my system to crash whenever I did Alt+Tab.

• 2 months later...

I am using ver 1.9.2.1035. on Win10, Dell XPS Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz with 32gb ram

I loaded 5 Nikon z6ii raw files into the New Focus Merge Window and then hit OK. 

The application begins processing the photos to the focus merge step through the gray scale images into the final process where the color is rendered, at which the program crashed and closes.  Each file is about 44mb.  

I am loading the files directly into Affinity Photo from my hard-drive.   I am a Capture One user.  I use Capture One to download the files to my drive, but Capture one is not running. 

Any ideas?

Thanks for your assistance!!

Tom

That is correct, the problem is caused by the files in the directory created during C1’s hardware acceleration process and doesn’t depend on C1 running. 

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Thanks for your response. I followed the links on C:\Program Files\Capture One\Capture One 21\WIC\WIC64.  and the change for P1.WIC.NativeComWrapper.dll to the name P1.WIC.NativeComWrapper.old  This type of edit is not something I know hw to do.  I tried to edit  it as suggested using the page inspect function in Win10 and nothing improved. 

How do I make the edit correctly?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Tom

You have to rename the whole folder WIC64 to whatever you want (e. g. WIC64_bad).

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!