You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @White Art. :)

39 minutes ago, White Art said:

Keeps adding 2% Black to an item that does not have black in the colour mix.

I think you misspoke: your screenshots show 2% Cyan added to an item that doesn’t have cyan in the colour mix. That aside, there’s clearly a problem and I hope someone here will be able to point to a solution.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

what PDF settings are you using?

I really wish they would simplify this, not sure why Affinity apps have these issues. You should be able to setup in CMYK in Publisher, or any Affinity app and output the PDF with the same results. I never have this issue with Indesign or Illustrator, I think they have over complicated something that should be very simple. 

13 minutes ago, White Art said:

Can you tell me if there is an actual SUPPORT DEPARTMENT at Serif Affinity and if yes, how do we contact them ?

Please use the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of this — or, indeed, any other — forum page.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

21 hours ago, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @White Art. :)

I think you misspoke: your screenshots show 2% Cyan added to an item that doesn’t have cyan in the colour mix. That aside, there’s clearly a problem and I hope someone here will be able to point to a solution.

21 hours ago, wonderings said:

what PDF settings are you using?

I really wish they would simplify this, not sure why Affinity apps have these issues. You should be able to setup in CMYK in Publisher, or any Affinity app and output the PDF with the same results. I never have this issue with Indesign or Illustrator, I think they have over complicated something that should be very simple. 

This is what I would normally do when printing to .pdf from Adobe InDesign CS6. 

I will do the same and send a new reply to this post with the Affinity screen shots

10 - adobe print - PDF created showing CORRECT colours being replicated.png

9 - adobe print - Setup - Preferences - Advanced.png

8 - adobe print - Print Summary.png

7 - adobe print - Advanced.png

6 - adobe print - Colour Management.png

5 - adobe print - Graphics.png

4 - adobe print - Output.png

3 - adobe print - Marks and Bleed.png

2 - adobe print - Setup.png

1 - adobe print - General.png

1 - Adobe Print Colour Management.png

Adobe Colour Settings.png

Adobe Assigned Profiles.png

11 - adobe print - PDF Preflight - NO ERRORS.png

Adobe Print Summary.txt Angela_Scarlett_X7(AdobeInDesignCS6).pdf Angela_Scarlett_X8(affinity-publisher-1.9.1).pdf

It's a colour profile issue - adobe lets you setup once and crack on with confidence - where as Affinity needs involvement from start to finish -

By the look of it, you have you're above document set up as Fogra27 in Publisher -

545311281_ScreenGrab2021-02-26at07_59_45.png.faab6712904874502ab0b51bb5cbd493.png

if so looks like your problem is at the output to PDF stage - 

I'd recommend trying the settings below then have a look at the result in acrobats output preview - it should then match - as any profile change at this stage will result in a change in colour - 299845439_ScreenGrab2021-02-26at08_01_39.png.12c3aa9a71c5691ae4ca7dba58ce4e4d.png2021323164_ScreenGrab2021-02-26at08_08_22.png.76dd3403efa2c33e43363ae5a532746a.png 

Affinitys approach seems to be aimed at people who work in RGB and just need a decent approximation of colour when converted to CMYK via selecting an output profile -

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Dazmondo77 Thank you for your assistance. It is much appreciated.

As per your post,  I have exported to .PDF using the Europe ISO Coated FOGRA27 and you will find that ALL colour output results are correct in the .pdf that has been generated. 

It also passes the Acrobat Preflight for the chosen Profile which we use for CMYK Commercial printing.

This would suggest that the colour Profile that I am using for the Export is correct and I would therefore expect the colour Profile to be correct when using the Print dialog.

I do prefer to use the Print Dialog within the Affinity software when creating Hi Resolution .pdf's for Commercial Printing but find that the results are not as accurate as one would expect.

Screen capture attached shows the results of exporting to a .pdf.

1 - affinity - Export - PDF.png

Glad you have something sorted White Art.

Once you get into the swing of the Affinity way, it becomes pretty straight forward, although Acrobat pro (I'm using 9 from CS5) is currently an essential tool for checking before sending off to your print service provider or printing a CMYK proof, although, the free Acrobat reader can also print CMYK proofs - there doesn't appear to be anything else out there to replace Acrobat yet

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk