You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

I was excited to install El Cap to enable split view with Affinity Designer, and an email with feedback from a client. Designer take up ⅔ of the screen fine, but when I select the Mail.app email, the email takes up my full display *behind* Designer, which totally obstructs the content of the email.

I don’t think this is necessarily a bug with Designer, but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if there are any work arounds.

Thanks!

Yes I too was unable to use Split View on ElCap with AD or AP. I agree, It would be very nice to have.... One of those 34" ultra-wide displays with AD + AP in Split view would be nice!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

Seems to be working fine on my system. I can have both Affinity Photo or Designer and Mail in split-view each one taking half of the screen or Designer/Photo taking 2/3 and Mail 1/3. Curiously it's not possible to have both Designer and Photo in split view at same time. I also found that some apps apparently don't work in split-view, like Motion 5.