You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

All of my imported brushes have gone!!!!

Tim Hupkes

I was busy tweaking a duplicated brush when Affinity Photo 1.9 froze. I shut it down, reopened the program: all of my imported brushes were gone. Turning the ipad (pro, 2020) off and on did not help. 

I just found something else that is strange. Again I am adjusting a brush. While testing it with strokes, it actually put down what seems the original textures that are used in the brush. I have never seen this happen before. I had already removed the second one (and could not get it back, so there really is a problem, because usually I can go back 5,000 steps or so). I am adding a print screen of this.

FF7159B3-37FF-493D-BB64-E765A2278F2F.png

Edited by Tim Hupkes
Extra problem also concerning brushes

I experienced the same kind of issue with my assets panel on iPad Pro, was importing some assets and the program freezed, al my assets were gone. Is this a bug or does it depend on how many assets there are? Have the latest update of affinity and IOS

• Staff

It should not matter how many brushes/assets etc. you have installed.

This is extremely worrying and I can't say I have seen this before. I will have a hard time reproducing this. I assume the assets and brushes are still missing? Have you reloaded them?

I have the assets I bought and got downloaded and that was ok. Then I placed textures so I could save them as assets by selection. I had like 30 of them and as i continued the app froze. I had to close it by force. Later I saw that the asset panel was completely empty, also after a restart of the iPad. I downloaded the resources again. But I really would like putting in there my own textures and saving them as assets cause that’s a lot easier than going every time to the iCloud to place them from there. Now I’m afraid to do that again because it’s a lot of work and maybe I lose everything again. I’m guessing it’s too heavy for iPad to have a lot of assets in the program but I wish i knew what the limit is so I can for example delete some of the packages I bought and replace them with some of my own I use often.